Members of the Guardian Angels crime-fighting patrol passed out leaflets in search of the man who sexually assaulted and robbed a woman waiting for a bus.
A northwest suburban man was sentenced to prison Wednesday for having sexual contact with minors and taking more than 6 million pictures.
Antonio Lamont Nettles is accused of accused of sexually assaulting one woman and beating another in two Northwest Side attacks on April 13.
Police have released a sketch of a man who sexually assaulted one woman and beat another this month on the Northwest Side.
Police have issued a community alert to let residents of the Wicker Park neighborhood know of the sexual assault of a girl that occurred earlier this week.
The 21-year-old victim was sexually attacked about 10:30 p.m. in the 1700 block of West Congress Parkway, police said.
Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man believed to be responsible for the sexual assaults of two teen girls about a week apart in the South Side Marquette Park neighborhood.
A North Side man has been charged with allegedly beating and sexually assaulting an acquaintance with a sword in her west suburban River Forest home, police said.
Police released a sketch Wednesday of a man suspected of sexually assaulting a young woman at knifepoint in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side last week.
Police are looking for a man who grabbed a girl in a sexual manner as she exited a Red Line train on her way to school Monday morning in the Loop.
A man and teenage boy were charged Sunday with breaking into a southwest suburban Park Forest home last Thursday then beating and sexually assaulting the startled homeowner when she returned to her residence.
Smartphone technology helped police track down and arrest a 16-year-old boy who allegedly raped a woman in her Bucktown home on Sunday.
Jung denied charges he sexually assaulted a nine-year-old girl, but admitted to police he raped another girl 22 years ago, prosecutors said. Both victims were related to him, prosecutors said.
Donald Grady, the chief of police for Northern Illinois University, was fired Tuesday, five years after he was praised as a hero for his reaction to a mass shooting on campus.
Dozens of kits used to gather evidence in sexual assaults were recently discovered sitting in an room in a south suburban police station–including some from over 25 years ago.
Authorities are releasing a sketch of a man who tried to sexually assault a woman Thursday morning in the Northwest Side Portage Park neighborhood.
Piotr Zaniewski of Lisle was charged with criminal sexual assault and was held Sunday in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Three Nigerian brothers have been arrested for the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl in December.
Bond was set at $500,000 on Friday for a man who up until the day after he was charged last week with the sexual assault of a 17-year-old girl in the South Chicago neighborhood was varsity basketball coach for a South Side charter school.
Erin Merryn is convinced she would have spoken out much earlier if she had been taught at a young age about the threat of sexual abuse. Instead, she endured abuse at the hands of a neighbor and older cousin for years before seeking help.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!