When Bears GM Phil Emery uses a first-round pick on somebody you never even thought about, it’s because he’s been on that tip for a while, already. You know, before it was cool.
When NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced the Bears had selected offensive lineman Kyle Long with the 20th pick in the NFL Draft, something didn’t sit right with NFL expert Hub Arkush.
Bears Pro Bowl defenders Julius Peppers and Charles Tillman were named the veteran recipients of the 2012 Brian Piccolo Award.
With just a week until this year’s NFL Draft, it remains to be seen if Phil Emery’s first draft class as Bears general manager was a successful one.
While the Bears didn’t reveal much Thursday at the NFL Combine, the team did expose some of their plans for last year’s first-round pick, defensive end Shea McClellin.
Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has been officially ruled out of Monday night’s game against the 49ers and Jason Campbell will get the start in his place.
Jay Cutler did not practice Thursday, increasing the doubt about whether or not he’ll be able to play when the Bears take on the 49ers Monday in San Francisco.
And here I thought we had turned a corner in our understanding of the seriousness of brain injury, especially in what had appeared to be a newly enlightened – and legally threatened – NFL.
Bears quarterback Jay Cutler suffered a concussion in the first half of Sunday night’s game against the Houston Texans and was ruled out for the remainder of the contest.
It’s not cheap feeding hungry Bears.
Through three games of the 2012 season, the Bears defense is proving that it’s still good enough to win this year and, maybe more importantly, the future might not be as dire as it seems.
A 41-21 opening win is in the books, and nothing happened to derail the story going in — that Cutler with new weapons and new coaches could carry an aging defense to great places.
While Bears general manager Phil Emery won’t come out and say his goals are championship or bust for the 2012 season, he knows that’s exactly what the Bears are capable of.
Now that you’ve gotten your first look at the 2012 Bears, it’s time to review their first preseason game against the Broncos.
Head coach Lovie Smith didn’t bother to sugarcoat it: “We didn’t play as well as a I thought we would tonight.”
There are plenty of new faces on both sidelines, and chances are you’re less familiar with the other team wearing orange and blue, but don’t you worry, I’ve got you covered with a look at the 2012 Denver Broncos.
It appeared the battle was over last week, but the Bears’ first depth chart confirmed Monday that J’Marcus Webb is the starting left tackle.
Bears rookie defensive end Shea McClellin had his best practice of training camp Thursday and the hope is that the first-round draft pick will turn the corner after a rough start in Bourbonnais.
In the first few days of padded practices, first-round draft pick Shea McClellin has had a hard time.
After a day off, the Bears were back on the practice field at Olivet Nazarene University Tuesday and things looked, well, rusty.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 2 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 2 hours ago