The Shedd Aquarium is throwing a lifeline to a sea lion that otherwise might be doomed.
It’s a little cold to have a picnic, but that’s exactly what people are doing outside the Shedd Aquarium on this Earth Day.
The Shedd Aquarium has adopted a beach near the aquarium for Earth Day, and will help remove trash and debris from the sand for the next several months.
Be one of the two million guests this year that visits the Shedd Aquarium, a national historic landmark. The aquarium, situated on the beautiful Lake Michigan lakefront, houses more than 32,500 animals. Spend a day learning about all sorts of animals that live in locations ranging from the Pacific Northwest to a Philippine coral reef.
The Shedd had rescued the sea lion, named Otis, in 2009 as the government wanted to kill dozens of them to save the endangered chinook salmon on the Bonneville Dam.
Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium is kicking off the new year with 11 days of free admission in January for Illinois residents.
Jellyfish have been on earth for more than 500 million years, but how much do we really know about them? Jellies, an exhibit at the Shedd Aquarium, gives us an overview of the animal by exploring its biology and history…
Puiji, 25-year-old Beluga whale at the Shedd Aquarium, died Wednesday evening.
Visiting Chicago’s museums is an enriching experience, but it can be prohibitively expensive. Most area museums schedule free days each year, and Illinois residents can take advantage of extra discounts. Read on for a round up of free days for the rest of 2011 – now you’ll know where to go the next time you have an unexpected day off.
Several boats moored in Lake Michigan near the Museum Campus were knocked loose Wednesday night amid strong winds and high waves.
An eclectic combination of historical and hip sets the South Loop neighborhood apart from its fellows. The once barely inhabited industrial section of the city is now densely populated with a vibrant, young community of professionals, students and families.
CBS 2′s Rob Johnson and Kate Sullivan want to experience Chicago and its suburbs through the eyes of its viewers. So, we are asking you to tell us about your favorite place, thing or story in the Chicago area.
Check out this week’s pick, Jazzin’ At The Shedd.
U.S. Navy SEALS joined fish at the Shedd Aquarium Tuesday, to promote the Navy, and the ocean.
The female Pacific white-sided dolphin calf was born June 3 to Shedd dolphin Tique, which had been transported to a Miami dolphin habitat to be impregnated.
Aquarium officials announced that a Pacific white-sided dolphin named Tique gave birth to the calf shortly before 9 a.m. Friday.
A Pacific white-sided dolphin at the Shedd Aquarium is pregnant, aquarium officials announced.
If you’re going to the long-awaited Bears-Packers game at Soldier Field Sunday, the Shedd Aquarium wants you to stop by on the way.
Rainy Chicago days can be a real bummer — especially when you are trapped at home with restless kiddos. Of course, you may be tempted to stay warm and dry in your house until the unsavory weather passes. Don’t do it.
There is something about life under the sea that is mysterious to us, but a visit to the Chicago Shedd Aquarium can open your eyes and take you on an adventure down under. There are […]
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!