According to the mayor’s office, it’s the first expansion of domestic violence shelters in Chicago in a decade.
Volunteers from PAWS Chicago are going to tornado-torn Oklahoma this weekend to bring back 75 homeless dogs and cats.
With Mother’s Day coming up on Sunday, WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser set out to learn what the day means to some moms living in somewhat unusual circumstances.
James Roberts sat in his wheelchair on a sidewalk at Broadway and Ardmore Avenue. He was freezing, but was refusing to leave behind the belongings stacked around him.
Pit bulls waiting to find new homes in city shelters are being put down at an alarming rate in Chicago.
CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports on the 30-year-old woman’s disappearance and her family’s frantic search.
Meanwhile, a Near South Side church just blocks from McCormick Place is offering itself as a haven to anti-NATO protesters coming in from out of town. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
A cat from Berwyn has been spared, despite an order in the will of her deceased owner.
Some city officials disagree that stray animals are being neglected at North Chicago’s animal pound, which is staffed by a lone employee.
Stephanie Bekker spends six days a week helping to socialize dogs at the city’s animal shelter, in hopes they can be adopted. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
The now-shuttered Muddy Paws Dog Rescue in far northwest suburban Deer Park was the focus in a Lake County courtroom, where prosecutors said they have found more dead dogs.
A shelter in north suburban Lake County, subject to an increase in demand and a decrease in funding, is getting some help.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.573
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!