A 9-year-old boy had stabilized in the hospital Thursday after being shot in the chest while riding in a car with his mother the night before.
A northwest suburban man died Tuesday after he was shot multiple times by a man he had gotten into a heated argument with in an industrial area in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side.
About 4:15 p.m. an unknown shooter approached on foot, opening fire on the 17-year-old as he sat on the porch in the 1400 block of North Harding Avenue.
A Chicago woman has been charged with attempted murder and three other felonies related to the shooting of a man last month in west suburban Oak Park
“Basically, they were on the sidewalk when two unknown offenders on bicycles rolled up and fired, striking both of them,” said police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer.
James Myles, 28, of Waukegan, was shot on Jackson Street at 11:23 p.m. on Saturday.
Three uninvited guests were asked to leave a family party in the Avalon Park neighborhood Friday night. They were escorted outside, where a verbal argument ensued, and a 19-year-old man pulled out a handgun and shot the victim twice in the chest before running away.
A man was shot in the head Sunday morning in the West Side Austin neighborhood.
Two teenage boys were charged and a man is being held in connection with the shooting death of a man at a party in the South Side Avalon Park neighborhood.
A 45-year-old Evanston man was shot in the right leg and hospitalized with a non-life threatening injury, according to police said.
Two people were shot early Saturday while walking home from a party in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood.
A man was shot during a fight with another man early Saturday in the South Side Calumet Heights neighborhood.
Patrick Sykes, 15, returned to Chicago last week to visit family and friends. He was here for just five days before he was shot and killed Thursday a block away from his childhood home.
The women were standing with a group of people in the 1300 block of West Washburne Avenue about 9:55 p.m., when shots rang out and then they noticed they had been hit, police said.
A 56-year-old Chicago woman – identified by a longtime friend as an unemployed single mother of five – was found gunned down on a sidewalk in the South Shore neighborhood overnight.
One man was killed and another wounded in two shootings that happened about the same time just a few blocks apart from each other Wednesday afternoon in the Far South Side West Pullman neighborhood.
Investigators in Harvey were “pursuing solid leads” in connection to the fatal shooting of a 30-year-old man in the south suburb late Monday.
A resident of a Far South Side West Pullman area apartment fatally shot a man who allegedly tried to break into the apartment early Sunday.
Police said the girl was at her boyfriend’s home when someone ran up to the porch where they were sitting and shot her.
Three men were wounded in a South Austin shooting Monday morning.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!