Matt Cullen scored 90 seconds into the game and again in a shootout to lift the Minnesota Wild to a 3-2 victory over Chicago on Wednesday, handing the Blackhawks their first loss in seven games this season.
No one was injured when Chicago Police exchanged gunfire with a man who was taken into custody Sunday night in the West Side Austin neighborhood.
Police had one person in custody Wednesday morning in connection with a drive-by shooting that left a woman critically wounded, followed by a shootout with officers, in the Grand Crossing neighborhood.
Patrick Kane had the lone Chicago goal in the shootout against Josh Harding.
Police are looking for two men who got into a shootout last night with an off-duty Chicago police officer in the Northwest Side’s quiet Edgebrook neighborhood.
Mike Richards scored the lone goal in a six-round shutout to give the Los Angeles Kings a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night.
A long police chased ended with a burglary suspect being shot Monday night on the city’s West Side.
Three men were ordered held without bond Saturday, charged in a Wednesday shootout that left four people dead in a Far South Side Altgeld Gardens store.
A security guard tried to defend a store near the Altgeld Gardens public housing development from several men who walked in and started shooting Wednesday night, but he was outgunned.
Police shot and killed a man overnight after he allegedly opened fire at them in the Albany Park neighborhood.
Japan has won the Women’s World Cup, stunning the United States 4-1 in a penalty shootout Sunday night after finishing in a 2-2 tie.
Two men have been charged — one with attempted murder, both with armed robbery and resisting arrest — after a shootout with a police sergeant following an apparent armed robbery on the South Side early Friday.
A shootout in the South Side’s Grand Crossing neighborhood resulted in the arrests of two people early Friday.
Rules didn’t change for head shots, but three days of meetings with the NHL general managers did draw attention to video reviews and shootouts.
Saturday night, the Chicago Blackhawks lost a two goal lead in the third period and would eventually lose to the Nashville Predators in a shootout.
A male was taken into custody late Wednesday after trading gunfire with police in the Pullman neighborhood.
Trailing late in the third period, the Chicago Wolves got a goal with 26 seconds remaining to send the game to overtime, and eventually a shootout win over the Toronto Marlies.
NEW YORK — The NHL has approved a change in its bylaw that governs how the league breaks ties in the standings at the end of the season.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!