Lesley Timpe has made a name for herself in Chicago. Our avid CBSChicago readers will remember seeing her label appear on our site before–when her store was rated one of the top ten boutiques in Chicago–and she’s still rocking the Chicago design world today. With a newly expanded store in Ukrainian Village, Squasht by Les offers Chicagoans a variety of locally designed merchandise, most famously, her reversible knit hats…
Warmth is in the air. Though Spring is always a hit or miss season with 60 degrees one day and snow the next, spring vacation offers a guaranteed week of sunshine. Just like the first day of school, spring vacation outfits are planned weeks in advance. From new suits to sandals, here are a few trends to get you started this vacation season. Each piece featured below is priced under $50. Happy sunning!
Today’s enlightened city gal knows there’s just no reason to agree to pay $45 for a bottle of designer shampoo. And why would she when she knows there’s an abundance of discount beauty supply stores sprinkled all over Chicago? If you’re tired of paying $10 for your favorite color of OPI nail polish, I’m with you. Check out where to find the best beauty bargains, right outside your door!
I wanted to learn how to knit, but had no idea where to go in this city to learn! A friend of mine suggested Dabble – a Chicago-based website that offers classes of all kinds for only $20 a class. Sure enough they had a “Knitting Basics” class – a sort of intro-to, exactly what I was looking for. I signed up online and a week later I was sitting in an adorable coffee shop in Lincoln Park, CityGrounds Coffee with four other women learning to knit…
So you’re an awkward nerd like me and need to buy some clothes? Well, having recently ventured out into the “real world,” I can help you through this horrifying experience. Off to Topshop we go for shirts and pants! Don’t worry, I’m here for ya…
Little gifts and romantic gestures need no occasion when you’re head over heels for a special someone. Still, there are times when it’s more than appropriate to pull out all the stops and really layer on the indulgence. While it is the thought that counts, we’ve picked some delightful goods and experiences that are sure to win some hearts (or at least serious Brownie points).
It might be a little challenging to look great in Chicago’s 20-degree, wet, snowy weather, but if you’re prepared with the essentials, you’ll be just fine. Here are a few items you’ll find in my handbag this season…
The task was tough, which made it all the more fun. My mission to create an outfit for under $40 had me scouring the inventory at several of my favorite shops. This outfit excursion challenged my ability to locate cute clothes on a reeeeally tight budget. I skipped the accessories and went straight to the basics. I’ve wrangled up a three-piece collection.
In a couple of months, voters in several suburbs and outlying towns will be asked whether they want their towns to shop around for electricity alternatives.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… after holiday sales have begun! Starting the day after Christmas, you can find that most stores holiday merchandise has marked down to nearly 50% off the original pricing…
If you are like me, you are racking your brain about what to don for New Year’s Eve. One of the biggest nights of holiday fashion is of course New Year’s Eve. You can celebrate this night in the most casual of intimate affairs to the most dashingly dapper social events!
Chicago shoppers were rummaging through mounds of what was left on the shelves Thursday, in search of last-minute deals.
I have personally spent years figuring out ways to stay fashionable in the snow and slush and I would like to share my following finds and recommendations!
Laura Tanner Swinand discovered her love for making jewelry as a teenager. Now, Laura Tanner Jewelry (LTJ) is located just outside Chicago. I asked the designer several questions about what’s in for the season, tips for a few classic pieces to pair with any outfit, and more!
It’s that time of year again, gift giving season! I’ve found an array of budget friendly options that you’re friends and family will love. Whether you are buying as a part of your family’s holiday traditions, participating in an office gift exchange, trying to impress in-laws or a new boss, or plan on attending an array of celebrations and want to indulge in host/hostess gifts, you can’t go wrong with any on this list.
The craft world now seems to be dominated by young, fresh, innovative creators and artists. The new generation of crafters not only have a unique and careful eye, but also an eco-friendly and forward approach to originality. Why not check out Renegade Craft Fair?
Since the season of gift giving is here, take a look at some of the year’s top buys that drew in the shoppers, me included.
‘Tis the season of holiday parties. As excited as I am to sip cocktails and devour appetizers, I’m even more wound-up about getting dolled up. Here are some ideas on what (and what not) to wear to your holiday office party.
Uncovering worthy gifts for the adventurous world traveler can be difficult. From a travel diary to a language course to a tricked-out Nikon camera, presents that are both fun and useful are the way to go.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.81
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!