Harrison is a 28-year-old Chicagoan by way of Mississippi. Fascinated by sewing and creating at a young age from his Grandmother in Mississippi, he landed himself in Chicago to attend Academy of Design, Chicago. It was there that he created a life and met his future (now current) business partner. They currently co-run Cheairs, a fashion design business…
It’s ok to just look. Here are a few of Chicago’s best spots to window shop.
Fall is an incredible season for fashion. This fall, to save money, I am taking my favorite spring and summer pieces and adding a variety of layering options to update my wardrobe for the colder months.
Consumers are expected to spend more money on themselves this holiday season after holding back for the past few years. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Once the mercury starts to dip, you can start pulling out your warmest wardrobe for fall. Whether you prefer your tops to be thick and woolly or lightweight and tissue-thin, this season’s hottest sweaters span a variety of styles. However you choose to stay warm, a few of our picks will make sure you stay stylish and cozy, each for under $100…
If you’ve been living in sandals all summer, it’s time to slip into something a little sturdier for fall. Whether you like to be sky-high in your shoes or step firmly on the ground in flats, check out some of our sub-$100 picks for your autumn style…
Menswear this fall is as usual, classically driven. You’ll see a lot of light grey, and pieces reminiscent of the romanticism period (bow ties, long flowing coats, tailored jackets), which I’m totally loving. There’s also the reappearance of Nordic sweaters and high-top shoes, if you’ve got the confidence to try something a bit trendier…
It’s that time of year again to start contemplating your fall wardrobe. What better way to start than with outerwear! There are a wide variety of coats and jackets this season ensuring you will find your perfect match.
It doesn’t matter how high or low end your clothing is if everything fits like a dream. The secret behind the best-dressed people isn’t designer labels or trendsetting threads – it’s a good tailor…
Your hair: if you’ve got it, you wear it every day. And if it’s bad, people notice. While no one wants a bad ‘do, most of us don’t really consider what getting a good haircut means. Except for these salons, that is…
Belts! An accessory that should last and last and last. Find out which belts are in style this season…
Here’s a look at four great finds if you’re a fall wedding guest.
For the longest time a lady’s go-to item in her wardrobe has been the LBD (little black dress). While that staple should still remain in your closet, I feel a new, exciting go-to item is the LWD (little white dress)…
First dates are stressful enough, add the dreaded question, “What am I going to wear!?” and you’re probably feeling a little overwhelmed. When it comes to your wardrobe selection, rest easy. Here are a few tips from a full-time fashionista.
How to find a great skirt, and then build off of it! Skirt trends for the summer, what are yours?
T-Shirts are a wardrobe basic and in my opinion, you can never have too many. Here are a Chi-town gal’s five favorite places to find tees and ways to style them.
I can’t help the occasional (cough) shopping spree. Just the word “shopping” rouses energy. And when summer arrives, so do my out-of-town guests. As my friends and family trek themselves to Chicago for a visit, the agenda naturally includes… shopping.
Trends come and go. Some come again, and some we can’t wait to go. I used to think Boho Chic was just a trend, but its resurrection and prominence in the fashion world for the last 10 years suggests otherwise. With roots back to the late 60s through 70s, it represented an easy going, loving life, peace, and harmony approach to an ever-changing world.
Are you a workout fanatic? Check out this go-to gear, great for when you sweat, that’ll make you look good too.
Are you looking for a way to spice up your summer wardrobe with something that is equally versatile as it is fashion forward? My answer is SHORTS! Shorts are this summer’s must have item and this season I have noticed more variety and originality than ever before.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!