A 15-year-old boy was killed in a shooting Thursday night in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood, authorities said.
The shooting happened about 6:15 p.m. in the 5100 block of West North Avenue.
Two more CPS students were killed during a weekend that began with a visit from the president to bemoan Chicago’s violent streets.
The man was shot around 1:45 p.m. when he turned toward officers with a dark object in his hand, police officials said.
A man was shot and killed while driving in the West Pullman neighborhood Wednesday on the South Side.
An off-duty Chicago Police officer was shot during an attempted armed robbery early Monday in the Clearing neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
“He got the bird but he also got me. It happens more often then you think”, said Sveum.
An off-duty Cook County corrections officer was shot multiple times after he thought he was being followed while driving his car.
The teen was shot in the back and was taken in serious condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
An off-duty police officer shot and killed a pit bull in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood yesterday.
A woman and a teenage girl were in critical condition after they were shot Sunday afternoon at a gas station in the Washington Heights neighborhood on the Far South Side, police said.
A girl suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen in a shooting Friday morning in the West Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side, fire officials said.
Authorities say a man whose body was found decomposed in his Englewood neighborhood home had been shot.
Two federally protected Canadian geese have been shot by someone with a crossbow this year near a west suburban park, and one of the birds had to euthanized.
Two male teens were shot Saturday evening in the Avondale Park neighborhood in what police describe as a gang-related incident.
Witness say the woman was grilling in the back yard when someone came running through the Morgan Park neighborhood, firing a gun wildly.
People flocked to the sidewalks, jogging paths and favorite spots on the lakefront as the temperature climbed well into the 60s Tuesday afternoon, but violence also erupted on city streets.
A 41-year-old Chicago police officer sustained an arm wound when a bullet bounced off his protective vest in Chicago’s Fernwood neighborhood.
Two men from northwestern Illinois are charged with misdemeanors, after shooting threatened gray wolves.
Police are looking for as many as six people after a shooting outside a Michelin-rated restaurant on the city’s Near West Side.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!