It’s hard to believe, but it was one year ago this week when CBS 2 introduced you to the Wright family, a suburban couple with four kids, trying to “Survive This Economy” by saving some serious money.
One of the hottest holiday promotions this year is already in full swing. Major retailers are slashing layaway fees, in order to reel in early Christmas shoppers.
A recent survey reveals that nearly a third of Chicago area homeowners are still underwater – meaning they owe more money on their mortgage than their home is worth. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, even if you don’t have equity in your home, there is help available if you want to refinance your home loan.
It’s hard to “Survive This Economy” when the cost of cable and satellite TV is so high.
It’s the start of the back-to-school shopping season, and this year, more and more bargain hunters are heading to resale, consignment, and thrift stores.
A lot of stay-at-home moms who are trying to survive this economy are jumping back into the work force, but it can be a challenge. Just ask Sinora Wright. The suburban mother of four is working to increase her chances of being hired.
One way husbands can make their wives adoring fans it to take care of the “Honey Do” list.
To survive this economy, many stay-at-home moms are looking to rejoin the workforce, but for moms like Sinora Wright – who last held a full-time job seven years ago – jumping back into the job market can seem daunting.
The Wright family is celebrating more than just the 4th of July today, they are celebrating their biggest payoff ever since CBS 2 started following their effort to “Survive This Economy” eight months ago.
It’s the last week of school for kids in Chicago, and you know what that means: parents will soon be hearing “what’s there to eat?” all day long. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports the cost of all those snacks can really add up, so getting creative in the kitchen with your kids can save you a lot of money.
Getting a job in this economy is tough enough, but imagine looking for a job after being out of the workforce for seven years. More than 5 million mothers opt to be stay-at-home moms, but many of them have begun looking to re-enter the workplace.
Four ingredients – that’s all you need to cut the cost of cleaning your home. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker says they are four things you probably already have, and one of them is free.
he price of gas isn’t the only worry for drivers. Unexpected repairs can really add up. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker explains how to find a good mechanic for the best price.
It’s one of the most common things couples fight about: money. Remember the Wrights? The suburban couple, with four kids, is on a financial diet; so they know how stressful it can be to save money, especially in this economy.
CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker takes Sinora Wright shopping for makeup, in the latest installment of a series about a Chicago area family going on a financial diet.
With the cost of food going up, everyone is looking to save money in the kitchen. We’re not talking about clipping coupons, we’re talking simple solutions, something the Wright family is looking for.
It’s hard in this high-tech world to survive this economy, with all sorts of gadgets using up lots of electricity in our homes. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker explains how you can save big on your electric bill.
As the temperature drops outside, the cost of keeping warm inside goes up. Remember the Wrights? The suburban couple has four kids. Their furnace wasn’t working the way it was supposed to, so CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker helped them get in touch with an expert to see what he could do.
It’s been one exactly month since a suburban family took a new approach to “Survive This Economy.” Sinora and Marcus Wright like the convenience of fast food. It’s been the biggest obstacle to keeping their family on a financial diet.
Every week on CBS 2, we’re trying to help you, “Survive This Economy.” Today, we tackle a problem millions of us have – credit card debt.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!