The first round of the NBA Playoffs has come to a close for the Eastern Conference, and the teams vying to make it into the conference finals are ready for battle. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference semifinal matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
LeBron James had 29 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, and the Miami Heat beat the New York Knicks 106-94 on Wednesday night to win the Eastern Conference first-round series in five games.
Anthony vowed after the team’s latest first-round ouster that things will change. And soon.
Baron Davis left Game 4 of the Knicks’ opening round match-up with the Heat with an apparently serious knee injury.
The Knicks defeat the Heat 89-87 to force Game 5 and snapped their 13-game playoff losing streak.
What’s the point of playing 66 games with postseason determination if that doesn’t continue into the actual playoffs?
LeBron James scored 32 points, including eight straight to start the fourth quarter and break open the game, and the Miami Heat took a 3-0 lead, sending the New York Knicks to an NBA postseason-record 13th straight loss, 87-70 on Thursday night.
Amar’e Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert are sidelined. Jeremy Lin isn’t back yet. So where are the Knicks supposed to find enough offense to compete with Miami?
The short-handed Knicks could really, really use a healthy Jeremy Lin on the court in their first-round playoff series against Miami. Emphasis on healthy.
The Knicks sounded hopeful about Jeremy Lin’s return — and that was before Monday night’s debacle.
This much was certain: Amar’e Stoudemire’s hand was cut so severely that doctors and paramedics were summoned, drops of blood stained the carpet and a piece of glass in the door to a fire-extinguisher case needed to be replaced.
The Knicks were dealt a blow on the scoreboard and to their roster as Iman Shumpert was carried off the court. The Knicks were defeated by the Heat 100-67 in Game 1.
Iman Shumpert suffered a season-ending ACL tear and as a result, any hope of the Knicks competing with the Heat have ended.
The Bulls led the hapless Sixers by 12 points with 74 seconds left, and Derrick Rose was still on the floor, working his way back into shape after his latest injury in a season marred by games missed due to a torn groin, sprained toe, swollen ankles, back spasms and other maladies both forgotten and unknown
The NBA lockout-shortened regular season has come to a close and the playoff teams have been decided. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
During this giddy, accelerating ride to their position as title contenders, the Bulls had learned that it was pretty much OK to lollygag for three quarters before letting Derrick Rose grab the game by the throat.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.225
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!