A man has surrendered to police in connection with the armed robbery of three students at Northwestern University in Evanston.
Officials were spraying to kill mosquitos in Skokie on Wednesday, as part of a continuing effort to contain the spread of the West Nile Virus.
James Wesolaski admitted he had struck the animal, a Lhasa Apso named Teddy, after becoming angry when the dog bit him and escaped from his home.
For the second time in five days, Mayor Rahm Emanuel is announcing that he’s lured an employer from the suburbs to the city.
Residents had been calling for a stop sign or stop light on Main street for years, long before Carter Vo’s death. Now a report from a school district safety task force is calling for one, too.
Illinois State Police are teaming up with Skokie and Lincolnwood police to try to catch “rogue riders” – people who recklessly drive racing motorcycles on the Edens Expressway.
A man pulled a gun and shot up a car in downtown Skokie during rush hour Thursday night, a few feet from the new Oakton Street CTA station.
A Skokie woman is suing Cook County, claiming a sheriff’s deputy violated her right to breastfeed by demanding she move from a courthouse lobby to a public bathroom — a request she says was not only illegal, but “degrading.”
Police and fire investigators aren’t saying much, but neighbors are certainly talking about what they think might be a religious hate crime.
A woman has been charged with driving while on drugs, after allegedly causing a crash that left an 8-year-old boy dead in Skokie.
Police continue to investigate a tragic accident that killed an 8-year-old boy riding his bike in Skokie.
A young boy on a bicycle was run over and killed in north suburban Skokie Monday evening in what authorities call a chain-reaction accident.
Some suburban malls are looking like ghost towns, but what can communities do to turn the tide? CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez reports.
A Skokie-based cleaning service that misclassified employees as independent contractors, depriving them of minimum wage and overtime they had earned must pay $501,893.44 in back wages and liquidated damages for 75 workers a federal judge ordered this week.
About twice a month, Todd and Monica Rogers move the couches out of the living room of their home in Skokie, and turn it into a performance venue called the Pig & Weasel.
It was a mess Thursday morning at a mattress store in Skokie, after a car plowed right into the middle of the showroom.
Flash mobs usually show up to dance en masse, act as human statues, or even have pillow fights, but in Skokie, they’re lining up to spend money.
You won’t find Peter Venkman, Egon Spengler, or any ghosts at Microbe Busters, but you will find some new efforts to eradicate deadly germs.
Police have arrested the two men they believe are responsible for a series of burglaries in Skokie.
A teacher at Niles North High School in Skokie has resigned after being charged with sexual misconduct.
- 5 Dead, 15 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 15 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings around the city since Friday night.130
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!