They wanted to start a small business or expand one, then they lost thousands of dollars to a Chicago company they paid to help them.
For the third straight year, business leaders were encouraging consumers to shop at small businesses on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. And the White House sent one of its best-known voices to Chicago on Small Business Saturday to show how shopping small can give the country a big boost.
The U.S. Supreme Court essentially upheld President Barack Obama’s health care plan Thursday, and Illinois political leaders and think tanks are alternately calling the ruling a guarantee for better health care, or a destructive stress on the economy.
You might think people who own thriving businesses know a thing or two about reading a balance sheet or creating jobs, but a program at one of the City Colleges of Chicago shows us you’re never too experienced to learn how to make even more money.
A local watchdog group says average Illinois taxpayers are carrying a heavier tax burden, because big corporations are sheltering much of their income in foreign countries.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel met with immigrant small business owners Thursday at a restaurant in the Little Village neighborhood, where he announced a public-private partnership to help small business growth in immigrant communities.
Small businesses looking for small amounts of money are not always worth the effort for big banks. But, as CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports, a little-known city program has been able to find them millions.
A lobbying group for Illinois’ small business owners says it’s time for major reforms from state government to improve the state’s deteriorating business climate.
An Ohio man has been indicted for swindling more than $300,000 from several churches and small businesses, including three churches in Chicago.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has announced new steps to help female- and minority-owned firms and other small businesses in Chicago.
Mayoral Candidate Carol Moseley Braun is spending much of this major shopping day visiting with retail merchants in various parts of the city.
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!