Smoke Detector Alerts Nanny To Fire, Helps Save Child In EvanstonOfficials say a smoke detector was key in alerting residents to a fire in a single-family home Monday in north suburban Evanston.
Woman Dies In Fire, Smoke Detector Was In DrawerA smoke detector that could have saved the life of a woman who died from smoke inhalation was sitting in a kitchen drawer without any batteries, according to fire officials.
Girl, 5, Killed In Fire In WaukeganWhile first responders were on-scene within three minutes, searching the smoke-filed labyrinth-like basement proved difficult, taking the fire fighters about 10 minutes to locate the child.
Deaths In Fire Blamed On Lack Of Smoke DetectorsFirefighters say two men who died in a fire in the Back of the Yards neighborhood might have had a chance to get out, of the building had had smoke detectors.
Grandmother, 2 Grandkids Escape FireA grandmother and her two grandchildren escaped a fire in their Clearing neighborhood home Friday morning, when a smoke detector alerted them to the blaze.
Smoke Detector Knowledge That May Save Your LifeYou think your smoke detector is going to protect your family, but that might depend on the type of fire that breaks out.
97-Year-Old Woman Dies After House FireAn elderly woman, one of two people injured in a fire at her South Shore home, has died.