The snow-less streak is about to end for the Chicago area.
Monday marks another milestone for no snow in Chicago.
Overdue snow has left an empty feeling with some people, including business owners who depend on snow for their livelihood.
Temperatures dropped below freezing overnight in several parts of Chicagoland–ushering in a slightly earlier-than-normal end to the growing season.
A new long-range forecast is out for the upcoming winter. What will that mean for Chicago?
Photographer Amy Loeffler has seen some pretty crazy things on the streets of Chicago during the depths of winter.
Believe it or not, there’s a snowmobile race going on in southern Wisconsin this summery weekend.
Balmy conditions in the 50s will be back on Tuesday, but it’s still going to feel like winter for the rest of this Pulaski Day Monday.
The Chicago area will experience multiple seasons in one day Friday, with thunderstorms for some area residents, and later, snow falling at a rate of 1 inch per hour for others.
Cloudy skies will give way to rain Tuesday evening, followed by a jump into the 50s and a dash of wet snow all in the same day on Wednesday.
Snowfall totals, reported to the National Weather Service, at 10 a.m. on February 24, 2012
A sloppy, slushy mix gave way to rapid, heavy snow across the Chicago area Friday morning, leaving roads treacherously slick and making for a miserable morning commute.
A morning peppered with bursts of snow is giving way dry, overcast skies and temperatures jumping to 45 degrees.
The Chicago area is caught in an active weather pattern, with precipitation expected every day for the rest of the work week and cloudy, dreary skies during dry spells.
Conditions will be mild and dry Monday afternoon, but look for a dusting of snow on the ground when it’s time to go to work on Tuesday.
The temperatures are back up to the pleasant 40s this Wednesday afternoon, but you’ll be needing your umbrella.
The snow is done falling, but conditions remain chilly and dreary until the next system brings rain on Wednesday.
Mondays are not known for being the most popular day of the week in western culture, and this particular Monday, the weather will give Chicagoans an extra reason to be disappointed.
In case you’ve forgotten, it’s February, and Mother Nature will be reminding you by dropping up to 6 inches of snow on the Chicago area on Friday.
Snow will be blowing into the Chicago in the afternoon, on this Tuesday that actually feels pretty much like February.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 10 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 10 hours ago