Here are snowfall totals, reported to the National Weather Service, from Tuesday’s winter storm.
After a season of nearly no snow, the state’s plow drivers are in full gear this Saturday morning. Overnight on the Kennedy Expressway, drivers slowed down to better navigate the snowy, slushy mess.
The Chicago area got only a light dusting of snow overnight, after forecasts called for as much as 4 to 6 inches in some northwestern suburbs.
CBS 2 Meteorologists Megan Glaros and Steve Baskerville report a winter storm watch and a winter weather advisory for all Chicago area counties from Thursday evening until Friday morning.
Here are some snowfall totals for Chicagoland, January 12, 2012.
With the snowfall for the season not expected to exceed two inches by next week, this winter, which has already gotten off to a remarkably slow start with regards to snowfall, is shaping up to be one of the least snowy on record for the Chicago area.
Chicagoans may not want to hear it, lest it jinx the nearly snow-free season we’ve enjoyed so far, but the National Weather Service says we’ve gotten off to a late start for the 2011-2012 snow season and that could bode well for the amount of snow we’ll see this winter.
Chicago broke a 115-year-old record for snowfall on Saturday and the city could still see more snowfall before the month is over.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!