Part of the roof of a popular suburban banquet hall collapsed overnight, apparently due to the weight of the heavy snow that fell during Tuesday’s snowstorm.
Chicago area residents were shoveling out from heavy snow Wednesday morning, following the biggest winter storm in two years.
It might be tough to drive in, but Tuesday’s snowstorm should bring some benefits to the Chicago area.
It’s going to get progressively worse on Chicago area roads this afternoon and evening as the winter’s first snowstorm moves through, but the Illinois Department of Transportation said it’s ready to keep highways as clear as possible.
CBS 2’s Susanna Song reports one northwest suburb was using some new techniques to help drivers stay safe on the roads.
The far northwest suburbs will be the first to get the blast of winter weather headed for the Chicago area on Thursday, and they could get the worst of the storm in Illinois.
With snow in the forecast, the owner of a Bridgeport hardware store has his fingers crossed.
A sloppy, slushy mix gave way to rapid, heavy snow across the Chicago area Friday morning, leaving roads treacherously slick and making for a miserable morning commute.
Chicago is getting slammed by all the worst of winter Friday, with dangerous cold in the morning giving way to a snowstorm that could dump up to 8 inches.
The City of Chicago did not enact its 2-inch parking ban for the snowstorm, but in some suburbs, you could find yourself towed if you’re not careful.
Bitter cold has set in after the snowstorm Thursday, as people struggle to get around, clean up, and start their cars.
Shootings and other violence seemed to die down as Chicago got hammered with snow Thursday, but not so in the hours leading up to the storm.
After cancelling all flights most of Thursday afternoon due to the snowstorm, Southwest Airlines resumed a full flight schedule at Midway International Airport at 6 p.m.
If you’re wondering when the city is going to clear away the snow that’s piling up on your street, stare out the window no more.
Spring in January is officially over, as the first major snowstorm of the season blanketed the Chicago area, forcing airlines to cancel hundreds of flights and threatening to make a mess of the evening rush.
Enjoy the last day of spring in January Wednesday, because within 24 hours, a powerful snowstorm will be clobbering the Chicago area – and it could make for a dangerous commute.
Seven months after the Metrodome’s ceiling collapsed in a snowstorm, forcing the Vikings to play their final two home games last season elsewhere, the new roof has been raised in plenty of time for the first preseason game.
What should we name the Blizzard of 2011?
City officials are urging Chicagoans to stay indoors if the trip isn’t “absolutely necessary,” as a blizzard that could reach historic proportions rolls in.
Everything you need to know about the Blizzard of 2011
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!