Jack McInerney scored his league-leading seventh goal of the season Saturday and Zac MacMath made six saves to lead the Philadelphia Union to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Fire.
Maicon Santos scored twice and Daniel Paladini had a goal and two assists to lead the Chicago Fire to a 3-1 victory over the New York Red Bulls on Sunday.
Forward Jerry Bengtson scored in the 62nd minute, goalkeeper Matt Reis made four saves and the New England Revolution opened their season with a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Fire on Saturday night.
Mike Magee scored three times as the Los Angeles Galaxy began the post-David Beckham era with a season-opening 4-0 victory over the Chicago Fire.
Northwestern and the Chicago Cubs have announced a new partnership that will lead to more games at Wrigley, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
District 207 School Board members on Thursday evening moved to fire a freshman boys soccer coach in connection with the Maine West hazing scandal.
The Maine Township High School District 207 school board has voted to fire the school’s soccer coach, who has been accused of allowing criminal hazing activities, including the sodomizing of players.
Three families have joined a lawsuit against Maine Township High School District 207, alleging their children were also hazed at Maine West High School.
A hazing scandal at Maine West high school is expanding, following revelations of an incident involving the baseball team back in 2008.
Major League Soccer’s disciplinary committee has suspended Chicago Fire forward Guillermo Franco for an additional game and fined him an undisclosed amount for endangering the safety of an opponent.
A soccer player for Robert Morris University collapsed and died during practice in the University Village neighborhood on Wednesday.
It should probably be considered a good thing that soccer fans in Ukraine and Poland are so ugly. That the racist, anti-Semitic, xenophobic behavior on display at European soccer matches still has the capacity to stand out is testament to how far – and how quickly — our own country has evolved
They were just two young men out to watch a match on TV over a beer. Yet the moment they walked through the bar door eyes narrowed and jaws dropped.
The pictures are now part of an investigation headed by police in Freeport, where the soccer team played in a tournament.
After Annette McCullough of Lewisville High was tripped while running down the sideline in a game against Chester High, all hell broke loose.
A crowd of frustrated soccer moms, dads and players gathered Monday night at a meeting of Aurora’s Indian Prairie School Board, protesting a plan to eliminate middle school soccer.
Seventy-four fans have died at a sporting event not due to an architectural accident or natural disaster. They have died at the hands of other supposed fans.
It’s the world’s most popular sport and now there’s new evidence that playing soccer can damage your brain.
Chicago isn’t the friendliest city when it comes to Soccer, so where can a true fan find their mecca? The Globe…
They lost their son on a sports field when a soccer goal came crashing down on top of him. Tuesday, almost eight years after the tragedy, the Vernon Hills parents will watch the governor sign a bill into law, Zack’s Law.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!