A bill to toughen penalties on those who use social media to organize violent flash mobs has been signed by Gov Pat Quinn.
Smart businesses of all sizes in Chicago are using social media to reach new customers.
Anyone convicted of using social media to plan or incite a mob attack could face tougher punishment under legislation approved by the Illinois Senate.
You probably don’t know his name, but he helped you figure out where Chicago’s snowplows were this winter.
On music’s biggest night, social media networks exploded with commentary, making the 55th GRAMMY Awards this year’s second-most popular event with close to 15.5 million interactions as reported by Trendrr, a social TV analytics provider […]
Obama is hoping to promote the discussion of the Bush tax cut extensions by getting people hooked on the topic and by getting them to use the #My2K hashtag on Twitter.
The governor’s web-based social media strategy hasn’t been met with much enthusiasm, CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, one disaster expert said you can blame social media for the change in expectations on how quickly relief can actually come to those struck by disaster.
Flash mobs were once innocent social experiments, but now are all too often racial attacks. Unfortunately, the media continues to paint a rosy picture and fails to report the violence and crime they cause.
Illinois employers will no longer be able to ask for employee or job candidates’ social network account information in order to gain access to their account or profile.
With all the communicative access to current local, national, and global information, expecting the masses to settle for media headlines and sound bites is insulting to today’s technologically-aware audience.
Yeah, I said it. I saw The Empire Strikes Back as a kid and thought, “What the hell is this crap?” Though the Colt-45 guy’s clothes were pretty pimp.
A new policy on communication and social media has created a stir at Chicago State University on the city’s South Side.
Jeffrey Wilson gets his new kidney on March 16. After 17 months on dialysis, the 51-year-old financial analyst finally found a donor — through Facebook. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Check out our live video and Twitter updates from the red carpet. Keep up with all the Grammy award winners, red carpet stunners and celebrity gossip in real-time.
A new book spells out how Chicago area street gangs are using social media to plot and carry out their dirty work.
Sometimes you can’t find a parking spot or a cab at the moment you need one, but now there’s an app to solve your problem.
Much has been made in the last decade of how this generation lacks the focus and work ethic of generations past. And, to that end, studies have been done to offer some tangible proof as […]
People may think they take steps to safeguard their private information from identity thieves, but there are ways around the precautions. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
Chicago-area museums are using social media to interact with the public, and the Twitter feeds, Flickr pages, blogs, YouTube sites and Facebook pages are helping us expand our knowledge of the arts and humanities, one click at a time.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!