A high school senior was killed in a fire in the South Austin neighborhood overnight. An 18-year-old male also was injured when he jumped from a second-floor window to escape the blaze.
Three men have been killed, and at least eight more have been wounded, by gunfire in Chicago since Friday night.
A gunman opened fire at Chicago Police officers overnight on the city’s West Side.
A man was killed in a shooting in the South Austin neighborhood Saturday evening.
For the second time in four months, a transgender woman has been killed on the West Side.
A death investigation is underway, after a body was found in an abandoned South Austin neighborhood building Tuesday night.
The search is on Tuesday morning for a gunman who shot and killed a man in the South Austin neighborhood, then sped off on a bicycle.
Gunfire over the weekend left three men dead and at least 26 others wounded, from Portage Park to Auburn-Gresham.
Five people were in police custody Thursday morning after a police pursuit that ended in the West Side’s South Austin neighborhood.
A 13-year-old girl has died after a hit-and-run crash overnight that left two cars mangled on the city’s West Side.
Residents of a foreclosed apartment building in the South Austin neighborhood have a new receiver, and he is being greeted with a rent strike.
Police are warning of a rash of armed robberies targeting CTA Green Line ‘L’ riders in the South Austin neighborhood.
A firefighter suffered minor injuries, and 15 people were displaced, after a fire in the South Austin neighborhood.
A teenage boy was critically wounded, and another man was also injured, when a gunman opened fire late Thursday night in the South Austin neighborhood.
A man was shot and wounded overnight on Cicero Avenue on the city’s West Side.
Police are investigating the death of a 13-year-old boy on the city’s West Side, who apparently was killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
A 20-year-old woman is shaken, but recovering, after a robbery that left her with a scar on her neck.
An extra-alarm fire broke out early Wednesday at a Chinese restaurant in the South Austin neighborhood, and left two other buildings damaged.
A 4-year-old girl has been found, after allegedly being kidnapped by a teenage girl on the city’s West Side overnight.
One person was killed when a car slammed into a light pole Tuesday morning on Chicago Avenue in the South Austin neighborhood.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!