A 48-year-old cab driver who was robbed and then shot by two men who hailed his car on the South Side last week has died, authorities said.
Federal prosecutors said David Lewisbey supplied Englewood gun trafficker Levaine Tanksley with most of the 43 guns Tanksley allegedly sold to a federal informant in April.
All eyes will be on the Democratic Party on Saturday, when committeemen will decide which candidate to support in the 2nd Congressional District to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Taneil Curtis allegedly abducted her baby Nov. 7 during a state-supervised visit, prompting Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart to question the state’s child-welfare agency. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
More than 1,000 homeowners showed up Saturday at the South Holland Community Center, where state officials sponsored a program to help people facing foreclosure.
A 23-year-old south suburban funeral director has just started what is believed to be a first-of-its-kind in Illinois – flameless cremations.
Two south suburban men were due in bond court Saturday, charged with stealing checks from President Barack Obama’s Chicago campaign headquarters.
A driver was injured, and the Tri-State Tollway was snagged, when a car slammed into the back of a truck, careened into a wall, and caught fire.
A South Holland man was convicted Wednesday on dozens of charges for running a sophisticated dog-fighting ring out of his home.
Federal authorities are looking for the man who tried to rob a Chase Bank branch in south suburban South Holland on Thursday.
A man from south suburban South Holland is the second confirmed human case of West Nile virus in Cook County this year, according to county health officials.
A South Holland man is going to prison for 17 years for running a mortgage fraud scam that cost lenders about $16 million.
A judge has barred a suburban Chicago tax preparer convicted last year of falsifying tax returns from ever again filing anyone else’s federal returns.
Federal authorities are investigating a bank robbery that occurred Tuesday at a TCF branch inside a South Holland grocery.
Neighbors are cleaning up a day after strong storms prompted a tornado warning and produced a funnel cloud south of Chicago.
Glennita Williams is on a mission to let troops overseas know they’re appreciated. She’s someone you should know, CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield says.
In addition to the city of Chicago, elections are also taking place Tuesday in two Cook County suburbs and in Lake County.
Police shot and wounded a burglary suspect who allegedly tried to run an officer over early Sunday in South Holland.
CHICAGO (CBS) – There will be a parade of firefighters and firefighting equipment to honor those killed in the line of duty, Tuesday night in the south suburbs. LISTEN: WBBM’s Bernie Tafoya Reports This is […]
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!