South Shore Line
Indiana transit police have identified a suspect accused of stabbing a man outside the South Shore train station in East Chicago.
Police are looking for the attacker who slashed a man’s throat Monday night at the South Shore Line train station in East Chicago, Ind.
Service on the South Shore commuter train line was temporarily suspended east of Hammond on Wednesday evening, due to damage to the overhead wires that power the trains.
Metra says it lost $800,000 in revenues during the NATO Summit weekend last month, as riders stayed away.
While commuters riding the rails will face increased security Monday morning, some riders may not have any trains at all to catch.
Commuters on Metra and South Shore Line trains are prepared for major headaches as the NATO Summit approaches in just two days.
Some stations on the Metra Electric Line and South Shore Line could be shut down during the upcoming NATO summit, and passengers at other stations could face airport-style security screenings, due to the Secret Service security plan that could be released as soon as Friday afternoon.
Good news for riders of the South Shore and Metra Electric lines: service will operate during the NATO Summit in May.
A 69-year-old woman who was raped at a northwest Indiana train station in August was killed in a hit-and-run on Sunday.
A 16-year-old has been charged in the rape of a 68-year-old woman at a Gary train station earlier this month.
A 68-year-old woman in Gary, Ind., sought shelter at a train station, and instead ended up traumatized and hospitalized after someone attacked and raped her at the Miller stop on the South Shore Line.
Thieves make off with signal wire, slowing trains when signals flash only red.
Transit agency must scramble to make repairs to avoid commuter delays.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.150
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!