A South Shore woman has been charged with beating her elderly mother to death during a domestic dispute over the Mother’s Day weekend.
An elderly woman was beaten to death inside her South Shore home, and one of her daughters found her body on Mother’s Day.
Three people have been killed and at least 11 wounded in acts of violence throughout the city since Friday, police said.
Two drivers are dead after a motorcycle crashed into a vehicle in the South Shore neighborhood late Friday.
A legislative study committee will take a look at whether northwest Indiana’s South Shore commuter rail line should be expanded.
A man is dead after being critically wounded during a shooting Monday morning in the South Shore neighborhood, police said.
Two people, including a young girl, were killed in a fire in the South Shore neighborhood Wednesday morning.
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
Four people were wounded in a Thursday afternoon shooting on a South Shore neighborhood street — just a block away from where five people were wounded in a December shooting.
Mayor Emanuel is appointing a commission with people from the South Shore community to submit a list of three finalists for him to consider.
Service has been suspended on the South Shore train line in Northwest Indiana due to a derailment in Michigan City.
A man was fatally stabbed during a domestic dispute at his home Saturday night in the South Shore neighborhood.
Workers unloaded box after box at the Jackson family home, bringing dozens of boxes of books, cartons of files, and wardrobes of Jackson’s work clothes taken from his former office on Capitol Hill.
The two men who died in a South Shore high-rise fire had rescued an elderly woman from the blaze and returned to try to extinguish the flames.
Corliss High School was hosting South Shore Friday evening. During the game, a scuffle started on the court. Then people in the stands got involved.
Two males were shot about 6:15 p.m. Thursday in the 2000 block of East 71st Street, police said. One was dead at the scene.
Demolition of a bridge that connects Hammond and East Chicago in northwest Indiana is scheduled to begin next week.
Standing at 79th and South Shore and holding signs, protesters say the neighborhood is lacking strong leaders at city hall.
Police chased and shot a 21-year-old man who pulled a gun in the South Shore neighborhood Monday morning, a police union spokesman said.
Firefighters began fighting the fire early Sunday morning on 75th Place, between Exchange and Coles.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!