CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Space Heater

Firefighters work at the scene of an extra-alarm fire in the 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue late Monday night, when the temperature was minus 11. The fire started when a space heater was placed too close to drapes. (Credit: NVP News Video)

Space Heater Sparks Extra-Alarm Fire On South Side

The 2-11 fire was reported about 10:30 p.m. in the 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue.

01/07/2014

Lisa Lewis, 48, and Thaddis Provall, 43 (Credit: CBS)

Carbon Monoxide Blamed In Death Of Couple

A man and woman were found dead in bed early Friday, and fire officials say high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the home.

01/21/2011

Fire graphic, generic sized image

Space Heater Blamed For Country Club Hills Fire

A faulty space heater left on after owners left their home caused a fire just a few doors away from a south suburban fire station this morning.

01/21/2011