One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
Two Chicago Police officers were in the hospital early Friday, after their squad car crashed in the middle of a chase through the Humboldt Park neighborhood.
Police in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood are warning residents about two teenage boys who are targeting female victims for robbery.
Police want to know how an 18-month-old baby died this week in a graystone on the city’s West Side.
Residents of the city’s Southwest Side are being urged to keep alert, after a string of strong-arm robberies in the area.
It’s a crime so brazen, the mayor even reached out to call at least one victim’s family members. Now, the young man Mayor Rahm Emanuel inquired about is talking for the first time on camera.
CHICAGO (STMW) – At least five people were killed and 23 others wounded in separate shootings throughout the city that took place from late Friday through early Monday. Three of the shootings — one of […]
A South Side family is mourning the loss of a 7th grader who loved basketball and making jokes. The teenager was shot and killed Saturday night on the steps of his home.
At least four people were killed and 19 others wounded in separate shootings throughout the city that took place from late Friday to Saturday night.
A woman was arrested after a two-car crash early Sunday that killed a 28-year-old man in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood.
A Little Village neighborhood couple is charged with child endangerment, in an investigation by police and state welfare agents following the death of their infant son and the discovery of three other children living in squalor.
A Humboldt Park neighborhood woman says she is very happy her 3-year-old son is back home, after he was found wandering the street over the weekend.
A man is dead after he was shot when sitting inside a vehicle in the Humboldt Park community early Saturday on the West Side.
Smoke from brakes on a CTA train created a bit of a panic for passengers on the Blue Line on Wednesday, but caused no injuries.
A man was found dead with gunshot wounds to the head and chest in his backyard in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood late Saturday.
A van slammed into a Salvation Army thrift store in the Albany Park neighborhood early this morning.
One person has been critically wounded in a shooting overnight on the city’s West Side.
A propane tank fire spread to two garages in the Southwest Side’s Gage Park neighborhood early this morning, prompting a hazardous materials response.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!