Murder charges have been filed against a man in connection with the shooting death of Janay McFarlane, 18, who was gunned down Friday just hours after her sister stood on stage with President Barack Obama as he delivered an address against violence.
18-year-old Janay McFarlane was gunned down in suburban North Chicago, reports CBS 2′S Mike Puccinelli.
Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis was drawing fire Tuesday over comments made in a speech last month, after a YouTube video surfaced of her jokingly saying “off with their heads” about the wealthy.
Former White House chief of staff Bill Daley says he’s “seriously” thinking about running for Illinois governor.
It’s the latest trouble surrounding the state lawmaker as he campaigns for the 2nd Congressional District. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel will be spending a lot less time at the Democratic National Convention than he’d originally planned.
The Chicago Republican Party says Mayor Rahm Emanuel should cancel his Democratic National Convention speech and focus on city leadership.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is offering a preview of the remarks he is expected to give at the Democratic National Convention next month.
A crowd is coming to Loyola University in the Rogers Park neighborhood Thursday for a talk by the Dalai Lama.
Dozens of Chicago union workers boarded buses to Springfield Tuesday morning, where they joined about 3,000 other workers protesting today’s speech by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.
It’s too early for the Oscars and Emmys, I know, but I already have a nomination for the worst performance of the year by a new star of stage and screen: the president of the Chicago Teachers Union, Karen Lewis.
Chicago Teachers Union president Karen Lewis is apologizing for a mocking remark she made about U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan.
Two unemployed Chicagoans hope President Obama’s job-creation plan will help restart the U.S. economy and help their prospects. CBS 2′s Mike Parker was with them as the president laid out his proposal to Congress.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) will not be counted among those boycotting President Barack Obama’s speech to Congress on jobs Thursday.
“Be kind whenever possible and it is always possible.” That’s a quote from The Dalai Lama, a man whose philosophy of tolerance earned him The Nobel Peace Prize. It’s a philosophy that had roughly 7,000 people visiting the University of Illinois at Chicago on Sunday to witness his teachings in person.
Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich told hundreds of high school students on Saturday that they should get involved in politics, even though he hopes his own kids stay away from it.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!