The City Of Chicago started testing it’s new speed camera equipment on Monday. The testing will continue to Jan. 3 and the city says it is simply “evaluating the equipment.”
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday that his move to block a new contract for the operator of Chicago’s red light camera program shows the city has “zero tolerance” for ethical violations.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel might have to slow down his plan to install speed cameras in school zones.
Chicago’s program to use cameras to catch speeders near schools and parks is not generating widespread support, according to a just-released poll.
If you followed the street protests of the past several days, you probably noticed there were a lot of axes to grind.
Leadfoots look out, speed cameras are coming to Chicago this summer.
A group that advocates for bicyclists and pedestrians is offering evidence that it says bolsters Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s case for speed cameras in Chicago school zones.
The Chicago City Council is expected to vote this week on the mayor’s controversial plan to use cameras to catch speeders near schools and parks.
For the second time in as many days, Mayor Rahm Emanuel has softened his stance on a controversial issue.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel drastically scaled back his plan for installing speed cameras on Chicago streets as he presented it to the City Council Wednesday.
The school zone speed cameras that Chicago is talking about are not in yet, but a picture of Mayor Rahm Emanuel is in, and it looks like old-style insider Chicago politics.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel insisted Tuesday that one of his big supporters is not a shoo-in to make money from the speed camera enforcement program he’s planning, and will have to bid for the contract like any other company that wants it.
City Hall has said it would activate fewer than 100 speed cameras around schools and parks to keep environments safe for kids. But one alderman fears that number could be larger — a lot larger.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s plan to use cameras to catch speeders near schools and parks might have run into a minor roadblock.
A motoring gadfly is challenging arguments that a blanket of speed enforcement cameras will improve safety for Chicago schoolchildren.
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed legislation allowing the City of Chicago to use cameras to catch speeders near schools and parks.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson has praise for Mayor Emanuel in his relentless pursuit of speed cameras in school zones, a plan that Gov. Quinn has resisted.
A day after Mayor Rahm Emanuel urged him to sign legislation allowing cameras to catch speeders near Chicago schools, Gov. Pat Quinn said he would act soon, but hinted he might have some changes in mind.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is urging Gov. Pat Quinn to sign legislation that would allow the city to use cameras to catch speeders near city schools and parks.
It was a “split decision” in the state capitol for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel during the General Assembly’s veto session.
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!