Bond remained at $1 million Tuesday for a Vernon Hills man accused of trying to hire a hitman to take out a witness.
The vehicle slowed down after the driver saw the trooper, but the radar had already caught him going more than double the speed limit.
Dean Suominen, 37, avoided a possible jail term by pleading guilty to drunken driving and reckless driving charges stemming from the Jan. 10, 2012, crash in Naperville.
One woman was killed and two others were hurt when a speeding vehicle driven by one of them careened out of control and struck a light pole in the Calumet Heights neighborhood, police said.
A man from Naperville who told police he was driving at a speed of 111 mph because he was in a hurry to have sex with a girlfriend was convicted and sentenced Thursday in that case.
Why are so many drivers speeding through school zones, especially the ones behind the wheel of those big yellow buses with kids aboard? CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
Plainfield Police stopped a speeding car almost a week ago. Not news, you say?
A teenager’s life in the fast lane didn’t last long in far northwest suburban Marengo.
Zachary P. Ramirez said he was in a hurry–to have sex.
A Chicago Police officer falsely reported a raucous bar fight so he could avoid a possible DUI arrest in northwest suburban Niles, Cook County prosecutors said Wednesday.
A southwest suburban Minooka man was charged with drunken driving after driving the wrong way at excessive speeds near Plainfield.
Ottawa Police received a call around 5 a.m.about two people that were in the process of committing retail theft at the local Wal-Mart.
A speeding motorist high on marijuana and angel dust dived head-first into a shocked stranger’s car through the driver’s side window, then bizarrely yelled to chasing cops that “the pancakes are on the floor,” authorities say.
You might not know it yet, but coming soon to a street corner near you could be traffic speed traps – maybe a lot more of them than Mayor Rahm Emanuel discussed last week.
A motorist and her passenger were injured when the vehicle she was driving crashed into a corner store Saturday afternoon in the Brainerd neighborhood on the South Side.
An Aurora man was arrested in Naperville earlier this week after police caught him going 111 mph in a 45 mph zone.
Long after Gary police stopped pursuing two speeding motorcycles, one of the drivers lost control and crashed into a passenger car on Indiana 51.
A man allegedly bragged to an officer that his 2002 Chevrolet Camaro, with 600 horsepower, reached 160 mph as he fled from police.
Police say a man went from driving 23 mph over the limit, then to a drastic 110 mph in an attempt to evade police in the Kendall County town of Milington.
A teenager from southwest suburban Plainfield was arrested this week when he was caught driving 108 miles per hour down a busy street.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4819
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!