St. Louis Cardinals
Carlos Beltran and Jon Jay drove in two runs apiece, and the St. Louis Cardinals capped an impressive trip with a 5-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
Travis Wood pitched impressively into the seventh inning to outduel Lance Lynn, Nate Schierholtz hit a two-run homer and the Chicago Cubs snapped the St. Louis Cardinals’ six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Tuesday night.
If Shelby Miller reaches his potential, he’ll be just another superstar to come up through the Cardinals’ ranks.
Watch Lil Wayne sing “Take Me Out To The Ball Game” during Game 6 of the NLCS!
Matt Carpenter hit a two-run homer after subbing for an injured Carlos Beltran and the St. Louis Cardinals chased Matt Cain before a 3½ hour rain delay in the seventh inning of a 3-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants for a 2-1 series lead Wednesday night.
Boosted by two-run homers from proven postseason stars Carlos Beltran and David Freese, and 5 1-3 innings from a steady bullpen, the wild, wild-card St. Louis Cardinals beat the San Francisco Giants 6-4 on Sunday night in Game 1 of the NL Championship Series.
The Washington Nationals signed Jayson Werth to show them how to win. His game-ending homer Thursday night extended their surprising season.
Assuming the Bears are not involved, I choose October baseball over October football every time. It’s about games of consequence.
Kyle Lohse and the St. Louis Cardinals won for the sixth time in seven games, holding their lead in the NL wild-card race with a 6-3 win Sunday over the Chicago Cubs.
Darwin Barney spoiled Chris Carpenter’s season debut with a two-run, game-tying homer with two outs in the ninth inning, and David DeJesus hit a game-ending single in the 11th to help the Chicago Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals 5-4 on Friday.
Anthony Rizzo hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning Sunday that lifted the Chicago Cubs over the St. Louis Cardinals 4-2.
Pinch hitter Reed Johnson drove in the go-ahead with a bunt single in the seventh inning and the Chicago Cubs got past St. Louis 3-2 Saturday, ending the Cardinals’ four-game winning streak.
Matt Holliday, Yadier Molina and Lance Berkman started a power show by the St. Louis Cardinals, who became the first team in eight years to hit a home run in each of the first five innings and went on to beat the Chicago Cubs 9-6 Friday.
Lance Lynn won his 12th game with six spotless innings, and Matt Holliday and Carlos Beltran homered on consecutive pitches to put the finishing touches on the St. Louis Cardinals’ 7-0 victory Sunday that completed a three-game sweep of the Chicago Cubs.
The White Sox may have swept the Rangers, but they lost to Texas in the vote for the final American League All-Star.
Two is better than one, right?
Lance Lynn struck out a career-high 12 to stay tied for the major league lead in wins and Carlos Beltran hit his NL-best 19th home run Wednesday night, sending the St. Louis Cardinals to a 1-0 victory over the White Sox that ended Chicago’s eight-game road winning streak.
A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-run homer, rookie left-hander Jose Quintana allowed one run over 5 1-3 innings and the streaking Chicago White Sox beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-1 Tuesday night.
A streaker ran onto the field and interrupted Thursday night’s Cardinals-Phillies game in St. Louis.
After much soul searching and application of—wait for it—logic, I decided I had been a fool. What did hating the White Sox accomplish?
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!