St. Patrick’s Day
The man suspected of storming into a south-central Illinois home and killing five members of the same family had a dispute with one of his alleged victims, but authorities Thursday were trying to determine if it was related to custody of a child.
The Chicago River is a glowing green as the city celebrates St. Patrick’s Day. WBBM’s Mike Krauser spent some time with the crews behind the tradition.
The Consul General of Ireland highlighted his nation’s diplomatic expertise during a public relations stunt designed to showcase Chicago’s Irish Pride — at the Water Tower on North Michigan.
As the bagpipes, marching bands and fire trucks rolled down Western Avenue, the biggest crowds were near the start of the route at 103rd and Western.
While Chicago may be known for green festive waters and drink specials at its many Irish pubs, there are a number of great family friendly events to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Ready for the wearin’ of the green? Then celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the following bars.
Inebriated “idiots” once accused of “hijacking” the South Side Irish Parade would pay a heavy price if they dare to do it again, under a crackdown advanced Thursday by a City Council committee.
A family from south suburban Steger is suing a Chicago police officer, claiming he failed to restrain his pit bull, which killed the family’s Pomeranian mix at Montrose Beach in March.
The Chicago River glowed a luminescent emerald green. WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser spent some time with the dye crew on the river bank near the Michigan Avenue Bridge.
The corned beef, green beer and other hallmarks of St. Patrick’s Day are in place for weekend festivities. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Temperatures will be quite a bit cooler along the lakefront than in inland areas Friday afternoon, but CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says it’s only the difference between a nice day and a nicer day.
This St. Patrick’s Day weekend will be one of bacchanalian revelry for many, and police are warning those who partake to bring a designated driver.
By Christine Hinrichs When I studied abroad, I had the opportunity to visit a friend studying at Trinity College in Dublin Ireland. With the exception of a pint of Guinness after the brewery tour, my […]
In case you missed the memo, to say St. Patrick’s Day is a big deal in Chicago is an understatement. Almost every bar in town will be boasting St. Patrick’s Day specials, leprechaun themed drinks and of course, green beer. Here’s a ‘how-to guide’ for classic cocktails and Irish staples being served (and over served) this March in Chicago.
After popular demand, a South Side tradition has returned. The South Side Irish Parade kicked off Sunday morning, after a two-year hiatus.
Think you know everything there is to do on Saint Patrick’s Day in Chicago? Think again! Don’t worry, we’ll give you all the info you need and more…
Irish Bagpipe Band the Shannon Rovers has been part of Chicago’s rich Irish tradition since the ‘20s. Originally organized “for the promotion of Irish music and to help members who are in distress to run dances and social affairs to finance these objectives” (per meeting minutes from the 1930), today the group is 70-plus members strong and has become a staple of the city’s St. Patrick’s Day celebrations…
St. Patrick’s Day is upon us. ‘Tis the season for all things festive and green. Whether you’re looking to learn the great tradition of Irish dance or just take in a performance on St. Patrick’s Day, here’s a list of some of the best dance schools and performers in Chicago.
Nearly three years after it was scrapped because it had morphed into a beer-drenched, arrest-filled nightmare for Southwest Side neighborhoods, the South Side Irish St. Patrick’s Day Parade appears to be coming back.
Health experts offer up tips to prepare a healthier St. Patrick’s Day meal. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!