St. Patrick’s Day
The man suspected of storming into a south-central Illinois home and killing five members of the same family had a dispute with one of his alleged victims, but authorities Thursday were trying to determine if it was related to custody of a child.
The Chicago River is a glowing green as the city celebrates St. Patrick’s Day. WBBM’s Mike Krauser spent some time with the crews behind the tradition.
The Consul General of Ireland highlighted his nation’s diplomatic expertise during a public relations stunt designed to showcase Chicago’s Irish Pride — at the Water Tower on North Michigan.
As the bagpipes, marching bands and fire trucks rolled down Western Avenue, the biggest crowds were near the start of the route at 103rd and Western.
While Chicago may be known for green festive waters and drink specials at its many Irish pubs, there are a number of great family friendly events to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Ready for the wearin’ of the green? Then celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the following bars.
Inebriated “idiots” once accused of “hijacking” the South Side Irish Parade would pay a heavy price if they dare to do it again, under a crackdown advanced Thursday by a City Council committee.
A family from south suburban Steger is suing a Chicago police officer, claiming he failed to restrain his pit bull, which killed the family’s Pomeranian mix at Montrose Beach in March.
The Chicago River glowed a luminescent emerald green. WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser spent some time with the dye crew on the river bank near the Michigan Avenue Bridge.
The corned beef, green beer and other hallmarks of St. Patrick’s Day are in place for weekend festivities. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Temperatures will be quite a bit cooler along the lakefront than in inland areas Friday afternoon, but CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says it’s only the difference between a nice day and a nicer day.
This St. Patrick’s Day weekend will be one of bacchanalian revelry for many, and police are warning those who partake to bring a designated driver.
By Christine Hinrichs When I studied abroad, I had the opportunity to visit a friend studying at Trinity College in Dublin Ireland. With the exception of a pint of Guinness after the brewery tour, my […]
In case you missed the memo, to say St. Patrick’s Day is a big deal in Chicago is an understatement. Almost every bar in town will be boasting St. Patrick’s Day specials, leprechaun themed drinks and of course, green beer. Here’s a ‘how-to guide’ for classic cocktails and Irish staples being served (and over served) this March in Chicago.
After popular demand, a South Side tradition has returned. The South Side Irish Parade kicked off Sunday morning, after a two-year hiatus.
Think you know everything there is to do on Saint Patrick’s Day in Chicago? Think again! Don’t worry, we’ll give you all the info you need and more…
Irish Bagpipe Band the Shannon Rovers has been part of Chicago’s rich Irish tradition since the ‘20s. Originally organized “for the promotion of Irish music and to help members who are in distress to run dances and social affairs to finance these objectives” (per meeting minutes from the 1930), today the group is 70-plus members strong and has become a staple of the city’s St. Patrick’s Day celebrations…
St. Patrick’s Day is upon us. ‘Tis the season for all things festive and green. Whether you’re looking to learn the great tradition of Irish dance or just take in a performance on St. Patrick’s Day, here’s a list of some of the best dance schools and performers in Chicago.
Nearly three years after it was scrapped because it had morphed into a beer-drenched, arrest-filled nightmare for Southwest Side neighborhoods, the South Side Irish St. Patrick’s Day Parade appears to be coming back.
Health experts offer up tips to prepare a healthier St. Patrick’s Day meal. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!