St. Sabina Church
The shooting death of 15-year-old honor student Hadiya Pendleton last Tuesday has been the subject of Sunday sermons all across Chicago.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy led hundreds of people of all ages Friday night on the annual St. Sabina Church end-of-school march against violence.
It’s time for buying Easter baskets for children, but the outspoken Rev. Michael Pfleger would liked some changes in the items being included in some of baskets.
Effective this summer, the Rev. Michael Pfleger will begin sharing his pastoral duties at St. Sabina parish in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood, but will take on a new role in developing anti-violence initiatives for the Chicago Archdiocese.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger of St. Sabina Parish is lashing out at the loss of services for the struggling people in communities on the city’s South Side, particularly Englewood.
Gun violence against children must end. That was the message a huge crowd took to the streets of Chicago Tuesday night.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger says if he cannot preach at St. Sabina Church, he will start preaching elsewhere.
Mayor Richard M. Daley won’t say anything about the differences between the Rev. Michael Pfleger and Francis Cardinal George, but he praises the suspended priest.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger is still suspended from his pastorship at St. Sabina Church, but he was back in church Tuesday night.
It’s been a week of controversy for St. Sabina Catholic Church on the South Side, but on Sunday parishioners raised their voices in song and prayer under the watchful eye of their embattled pastor, Rev. Michael Pfleger.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger says he is in shock, after Francis Cardinal George suspended him from his ministry over statements Pfleger made about a possible reassignment.
The controversy over whether the Rev. Michael Pfleger will leave St. Sabina Church and take over Leo High School has the high school community feeling like it’s between a rock and a hard place.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger is renewing a threat to leave the Catholic Church if forced out of his pastorship at St. Sabina Church.
New voices have begun to join in the debate over whether Rev. Michael Pfleger should remain at St. Sabina Church or move to a nearby Catholic high school. But Francis Cardinal George still isn’t saying whether he’ll make the move.
Rev. Michael Pfleger, the outspoken and controversial pastor of St. Sabina church, confirmed Friday that Cardinal Francis George wants him to leave his parish after nearly 30 years to head up nearby Leo High School.
Questions lingered Thursday about whether Rev. Michael Pfleger will stay at his beloved St. Sabina parish.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!