On the corner near St. Sabina Church on the South Side – a grim reminder that Mother’s Day is not a day to celebrate for the women whose sons and daughters have been killed.
Outspoken St. Sabina pastor Rev. Michael Pfleger said he would like to see cardinals pick someone from a third-world nation as the next pope.
Father Michael Pfleger opens up about his experience being stalked by a Deerfield woman who is being held in jail. CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports.
A north suburban woman is due in court today, accused of stalking a well-known Chicago priest.
Michael Pfleger says he intends to take an even more proactive approach to a battle he’s waged for decades against street violence. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
Vandals struck St. Sabina Roman Catholic Church overnight, just hours after the Rev. Michael Pfleger and community members marched against a neighborhood store.
The cardinal requested the plan after he suspended Pfleger last spring over comments the priest made about not wanting to leave his South Side base.
Father Michael Pfleger has been reinstated as pastor of St. Sabina, but he will work on a transition plan to find a new leader for the South Side congregation, it was announced Friday.
In the latest salvo in a very public battle over the leadership at St. Sabina, members of the church put their thoughts in black and white today–with a full-page advertisement in the Chicago Sun-Times.
Cardinal Francis George on Friday defended his suspension of Father Michael Pfleger, saying it is his job to deal with priests in crisis. CBS 2′s Roseann Tellez reports.
A new priest was ordered to move into the rectory at St. Sabina parish to replace the Rev. Michael Pfleger Friday morning, church representatives said in an e-mail.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger has not spoken with the mainstream media about his suspension this week, but he did open up about it to some Columbia College journalism students.
Caught in the middle of the feud between suspended St. Sabina Pastor Michael Pfleger and Cardinal George is one of the priests assigned to fill the gaps in Pfleger’s absence.
Cardinal George on Wednesday suspended Father Michael Pfleger as pastor at St. Sabina’s, expressing frustration at Pfleger’s ongoing public statements regarding his tenuous future in the Chicago Archdiocese.
“Like Albertina Walker said, I’m still here,” the Rev. Michael Pfleger, pastor of St. Sabina Church, told parishioners Sunday, quoting the late gospel singer.
News that the Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago has asked controversial pastor Rev. Michael Pfleger to leave St. Sabina Church to head up Leo Catholic High School came as a surprise to both communities.
CBS 2 has learned that the Archdiocese has asked Father Michael Pfleger to leave St. Sabina.
A man who worked closely with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. has come to Chicago, to encourage people to remember more than just the dream.
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.362
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!