His lawyer says Drew Peterson’s son is likely to appeal a judge’s ruling today that upheld his firing as a police officer.
Less than a day after declaring his innocence at the top of his lungs during his sentencing hearing, former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson was transferred from the Will County Jail to a state prison in Pontiac to begin serving his 38-year sentence for murder.
Drew Peterson’s feuding current and former lawyers, Steve Greenberg and Joel Brodsky, squared off in court today as the defense seeks a new trial. WBBM’s Mike Krauser reports it was not the showdown that some were expecting.
Convicted murderer Drew Peterson goes back to court in Will County tomorrow, hoping to convince a judge to grant him a new trial, reports WBBM’s Regine Schlesinger.
Drew Peterson’s former lawyer, Joel Brodsky, thinks he’s found a reason for Peterson to get a new trial.
On Thursday, Judge Edward Burmila set a Feb. 19 hearing date for the motion for a new trial.
Drew Peterson’s former lawyers are weighing in on a motion filed by his current lawyers, arguing for a new trial, based, in part, on the decision to call a witness whose testimony was damaging to the defense.
Drew Peterson’s lawyers have filed a motion seeking to have his conviction tossed out, because of ineffective counsel by former lead defense attorney Joel Brodsky.
A new search for the remains of Drew Peterson’s missing fourth wife was in its fourth day on Thursday.
The FBI and Illinos State Police searched a southwest suburban forest preserve Monday afternoon — attracting the attention of the sister of the missing Stacy Peterson, although authorities wouldn’t say what they were looking for.
The Will County judge who presided over Drew Peterson’s murder trial had to sort through some legal drama on Friday, about what attorneys would represent the former Bolingbrook police officer going forward.
A Naperville pastor who testified against Drew Peterson in his murder trial is using his notoriety for a higher purpose.
The pathologist who ruled Kathleen Savio was the victim of a homicide after authorities reopened their investigation into her death said being skeptical was the key to determining it was no simple accident.
With Drew Peterson convicted of murdering his third wife – will the prosecutors in Will County try to convict him for the murder of his fourth wife – even if there’s no body?
One of Drew Peterson’s lawyers has some interesting things to say about the kind of life Peterson will be living in the next couple of months.
Jurors in the Drew Peterson trial said the hearsay testimony in the trial was “extremely critical” in reaching a guilty verdict.
With the guilty verdict for Drew Peterson this week, a neighbor of the former Bolingbrook police sergeant says it is now time to put all efforts toward solving the case of Peterson’s missing fourth wife, Stacy.
One of Drew Peterson’s sons says he is disappointed that his father has been convicted of murdering the young man’s mother.
Jurors Thursday will resume weighing whether Is Drew Peterson a cold-blooded killer, or a victim of an overzealous prosecution.
A defense attorney for Drew Peterson told jurors Tuesday that prosecutors “are trying to nail Jell-O to a tree,” and have no evidence that Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!