An Oswego police officer has been suspended after walking into a southwest suburban pizzeria with a gun, and yelling at employees while off duty.
Police in Oak Lawn said an armed robbery suspect has surrendered – after barricading himself inside a stairwell of a home this afternoon.
Police in Schaumburg charged six people Thursday in connection with a five-hour standoff in which party-goers barricaded themselves inside an apartment and held one occupant against her will before SWAT officers forced their way in.
One man was in police custody Thursday morning, after holding Chicago Police officers and SWAT teams at bay for more than three hours in the Logan Square neighborhood.
Children were evacuated from a parochial school in the Logan Square neighborhood, after a man threatened to jump from a roof nearby.
A Waukegan man has landed in jail after turning a routine eviction into a tense police standoff.
A four-and-a-half hour in Northbrook came to an end Wednesday evening when police found a man dead of an apparent gunshot wound inside his home.
A tense standoff with police early Wednesday left one man dead after police opened fire.
CTA trains and buses are running again between Lakeview and Edgewater, after police and federal agents ended a nearly six-hour standoff in Uptown.
A man was arrested Friday morning, after barricading himself inside a Morgan Park neighborhood building for three hours.
A 51-year-old Northbrook man is in custody tonight following a three-hour-plus standoff with police that began when he fired a gun in the home during an argument with his parents.
One man was arrested at gunpoint at 5:20 p.m. Tuesday after an almost two-hour standoff with police in North Aurora.
Police say alcohol and jealousy over a woman were contributing factors in an incident early Sunday in which a northwest Indiana man fired a gun at a vehicle and then barricaded himself in a south suburban home.
Police say it was an honest misunderstanding when authorities thought an Oak Forest man was holed up at home, possibly with hostages and explosives, last week.
A man has been taken to an institution, after pulling a hoax in Oak Forest last week by making police think he was an armed and dangerous hostage-taker.
A standoff in south suburban Glenwood ended after more than 15 hours Friday morning, when police shot the suspect.
Police were able to negotiate with a man holed up inside a home, who said he wanted police to kill him in an apparent suicide attempt.
Police are investigating after a standoff and shootout inside a dollar store on the city’s Far Southeast Side.
Police in south suburban Riverdale are holding suspects in a home invasion overnight, which was followed by a standoff in another house.
Chicago police on Tuesday were involved in a standoff with a man refusing to get out of his vehicle in the city’s South Loop.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!