There seems to be a Starbucks on just about every corner, but a new store planned for the Edgewater neighborhood is unique.
An Algonquin woman thought she had the perfect name for her business. But then along came a certain coffee giant from Seattle.
Nothing screams fall like apples! And when the weather starts to get a bit chilly, nothing warms us up like a hot cup of apple cider. Whether you find you need a mug while you’re out apple picking in the suburbs or just stopping to get one in the city, these places are offering up some of the best.
Coffee giant Starbucks has decided to not use a dye created with crushed insects in some of its beverage and food offerings.
Though Hallmark doesn’t make a card for this, I thought you’d like to know that January is officially, National Oatmeal Month. Look it up, it’s a thing! Jam-packed with fiber, protein and heart-saving super powers, oatmeal is the reason they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No wonder it has its own month. Here are a few of the best places in Chicago to warm up with a cup of oatmeal. Happy oatmeal month!
Starbucks now wants to be your first stop on the way home from work for happy hour.
The Palatine Village Council has reversed itself, ordering another look at a plan to allow a Starbucks on Northwest Highway after residents voiced opposition.
The pastor of South Barrington-based Willow Creek Community Church disputes claims made in an online petition which prompted the head of Starbucks to cancel a speaking engagement at a church-sponsored event.
Coffee is big business in Chicago and across the country, and at least two companies plan to open more retail outlets in the very near future.
Being green on this Earth Day comes with certain perks.
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, who leads the nation’s most prevalent coffee chain, talks with CBS 2′s Bill Kurtis while publicizing his new book.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks endorsed landmark status for five commercial buildings that used to contain taverns owned by the Joseph Schlitz Brewing Co.
Kraft Foods is seeking a preliminary injunction against Starbucks saying Monday that the coffee chain violated terms of a distribution deal.
Two north suburban Starbucks stores were hit last week by tip-jar thefts, police reported.
A remodeled store opening in Seattle will serve regional beers and wines and, if it works there, it could expand.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!