The Cubs are hoping to lock up shortstop Starlin Castro for the foreseeable future with a long-term deal.
David DeJesus homered twice, Justin Germano cruised through six innings and the Chicago Cubs beat the Houston Astros 7-2 on Wednesday.
It doesn’t take any kind of experienced scout to see outs being made, or any kind of analytical wizard to see month-by-month batting numbers sliding into frightening territory.
Alfonso Soriano is not Todd Hundley flipping the bird to the home crowd and being one of the bigger busts in Cubs history. He’s not Jeff Blauser, the priciest bench player the team ever had.
Rookie Todd Frazier doubled twice and drove in four runs, Aroldis Chapman came out of the bullpen to stop an eighth-inning rally attempt and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 10-8 Friday to end their season-high losing streak at five games.
It seems like the Chicago Cubs can do nothing right. Despite a solid pitching performance from Jeff Samardzija, the Cubs failed to solve Clayton Richard and managed just five hits in a 2-0 loss to the San Diego Padres on Wednesday.
Joe Mather was playing at Dodger Stadium for the first time in his career, and his timing couldn’t have been worse — in more ways than one.
Anthony Rizzo hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning Sunday that lifted the Chicago Cubs over the St. Louis Cardinals 4-2.
Paul Maholm pitched eight strong innings Tuesday night to win his fifth straight start and lead the Chicago Cubs over the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1.
Jeff Samardzija looked up to the task on Wednesday night, battling without his best stuff as the Cubs beat the Miami Marlins 5-1 in a rain-shortened game.
Ryan Dempster is too busy watching “Swamp People” to see the stories about him being possible trade bait. He’s pitching too well, though, to know that he might be in another uniform by the end of the month.
There aren’t any brackets, you won’t find anyone being sent to Dayton for a play-in game, and nobody – not even Bryan LaHair – gets a No. 16 seed.
So much for the quiet. It was a lot to digest in one Sunday. Thank goodness for the shortened holiday week. And decriminalized marijuana.
Last week, before Chicago was swallowed whole by the arrival of Rizzanity, Theo Epstein spent a little time chatting with the media about another Cubs youngster.
Paul Maholm pitched into the ninth inning to earn his first win in seven weeks and the Chicago Cubs hit three homers in a 4-0 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday.
If you’re looking for a reason to watch the 26-49 Cubs, look no further than Anthony Rizzo.
Sixty hours. That’s how long it has been since I last lit a cigarette.
Instead of flying in as Superman, Rizzo understands his call up is just the first step of many in the master plans laid out by Epstein and Hoyer to turn the Cubs from laughable losers into perennial champions.
David DeJesus and Starlin Castro, the top two players in the Chicago Cubs’ batting order, had four hits apiece on Saturday night. And neither table-setter scored.
He’s recorded 12 errors this season, but Tuesday night against the White Sox, Castro made one of the most amazing catches baseball has seen this season.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!