State Sen. Christine Radogno is keeping her spot as the Illinois Senate’s GOP leader for at least two more years.
After five failed campaigns, Jim Oberweis has finally won elective office.
The chairman of the Republican Party in DuPage County says his political opponent threatened to expose an embarrassing videotape unless he quit a primary election race.
A state lawmaker at the center of controversial 911 calls from her home has decided not to run for re-election, reversing an earlier statement.
The Illinois State Senate has approved a budget that would spend more than $2 billion less than Gov. Pat Quinn proposed, but Republicans say that’s not enough.
Some Illinois lawmakers want to make sure the film industry keeps coming back to Illinois, for the next decade, at least.
Indiana Republicans are looking at some changes in state law to deal with democrats who have been hiding out in Illinois for about a month to deny the state House of Representatives a quorum.
Scott Lee Cohen can’t get the political bug out of his system.
The proposal to strip collective bargaining rights from state employees may have passed the Wisconsin senate, but the battle is far from over.
Not everybody likes the idea of a state police director who’s never been a cop, and there is still no official action on the man who remains “acting director.”
Gov. Pat Quinn and both houses of the Illinois General Assembly have agreed on raising the state income tax.
State senator and Chicago mayoral candidate James Meeks is defending his vote against Illinois’ civil unions bill.
- Morton West High School Placed On LockdownMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.387
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.355
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!