Clayton Jones, 23, was arrested by Chicago bicycle police after a concerned citizen flagged officers down following the robbery in the 100 block of North State Street.
A 21-year-old man was taken to the hospital Monday after he was found locked in the bathroom of a Geneva Starbucks, surrounded by packets of suspected heroin and a hypodermic needle. A friend was later charged after apparently trying to hide the drugs from police.
A busy Loop intersection became home to a new experiment to allow pedestrians to legally cross the street diagonally, while cars will no longer have to worry about pedestrians in the crosswalk while trying to make a turn.
Around 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.
Red Line trains were rerouted Monday afternoon because of a small rubbish fire in a Loop subway, but normal service resumed prior to the evening rush.
After holding up a Subway shop on the Near North Side, a robbery suspect fled the scene, and police chased him to Wicker Park, where he allegedly attempted to run over a police officer, prompting the officer to shoot him.
A new building has been constructed, and is set to open next fall at 700 S. State St., but the mayor said the old building, at 606 S. State St., won’t be destroyed as originally planned.
Three people, a woman, her boyfriend, and his twin brother, were killed and a 15-year-old girl critically injured when the woman driving the car they were in lost control of it and struck three parked vehicles in the Far South Side Roseland neighborhood Saturday morning.
Someone broke into a commercial building in northwest suburban Elgin and committed thousands of dollars worth of vandalism and thievery, police reported.
The workers who usually spend Black Friday ringing up purchases and completing food orders spent time Friday morning protesting their pay at those jobs.
The weather was a big hit at the Thanksgiving Day Parade on State Street this morning. Thousands of parade-goers came out to the 79th annual parade.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker visited and spoke with some of the new employees.
Two men were stabbed and another was battered early Sunday on Division near State, outside a stretch of popular bars on the Near North Side.
A Northcenter neighborhood man is in serious criminal trouble in connection with a fight in which he and another man crashed through the window of the Macy’s flagship store downtown.
Two men crashed through the window of Macy’s in the Loop on Sunday afternoon, causing one man to be hospitalized.
Police are searching for two young men who have robbed Red Line train commuters at gunpoint on the South Side.
Cars and buses were routed off State Street downtown on Saturday, as the pavement was transformed into what has been called the “ultimate playground.”
Six people were sent to local hospitals Tuesday afternoon, following a four-car crash in the Loop.
Chicago Police officers shot and wounded two suspects in separate incidents on the South Side overnight – bringing the total to six police-involved shootings in Chicago in about the past 10 days.
About 20 juveniles and four adults were arrested after police responded to reports of people being pushed in the Gold Coast Saturday.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!