There are no reported meningitis cases in Illinois, but as CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports, hundreds of patients at three Chicago-area facilities are being warned.
On Friday, Pierzynski responded to those rumors that he used PEDs.
The decision by U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to come down hard against Lance Armstrong could have a wide-ranging effect on other sports beyond cycling, given that drug testing efforts have been stepped up across the board.
In just the past week, we’ve seen San Francisco’s Melky Cabrera and Oakland’s Bartolo Colon both receive 50-game suspensions after tests revealed elevated testosterone levels, making the Bay area again the epicenter of PED use, same as it ever was.
Former AL Cy Young Award winner Bartolo Colon of the Oakland Athletics has been suspended for 50 games after testing positive for testosterone.
Here is the statement from collector Dino Laurenzi Jr., who took Ryan Braun’s sample.
Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, ESPN and CBS Sports are reporting.
An estimated 300 million people around the world suffer from asthma, and researchers in Chicago are working on ways to improve care.
Roger Clemens argued that a new trial would violate his constitutional right against the double jeopardy of facing the same charge twice.
Baseball star Roger Clemens’ battle against perjury charges likely is far from over and probably will be the subject of a second trial, according to many legal experts.
What happened in the Roger Clemens case yesterday was probably right, but nobody should feel good about it.
The judge declared a mistrial Thursday in baseball star Roger Clemens’ perjury trial after prosecutors showed to jurors evidence that he had ruled would be out of bounds in the case.
Prosecutors said Wednesday that needles and cotton balls Roger Clemens’ former trainer says he used to inject the star pitcher at the height of his career tested positive for Clemens’ DNA and anabolic steroids.
There’s been a lot of discussion about Jose Bautista on the station of late, as I’ve countered what I perceive to be bitter, often lazy skepticism about his turnaround.
Strip away the legalese and the trial of Roger Clemens is a tale of two men: the baseball star and his trainer.
If you are a professional athlete and you were associated with Canadian Dr. Anthony Galea in the past, you are probably feeling a little uneasy right about now.
Roger Clemens’ tenacious pursuit of victory on the pitcher’s mound is re-emerging as he enters federal court this week to fight charges he lied about using drugs and to try to ruthlessly discredit the former friend who says he did.
Boxing fans don’t want to see Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Victor Ortiz. They want to see Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao, and the sport needs it to happen as well.
Every so often an athlete comes along that you just wish would go away and never be heard from again. If Lance Armstrong does not belong in that category at this point, I don’t know who does.
Following a brief conversation between Tyler Hamilton and Lance Armstrong, that occurred over the weekend at a Colorado restaurant, Hamilton’s attorney felt compelled to bring federal authorities up to date.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!