Frank Thomas has always maintained he never took steroids and for the most part, he’s been one of the few sluggers from the steroid era who is believed to be clean.
I don’t care if he did or didn’t use steroids or any other type of performance-enhancing drug: Barry Bonds is the greatest baseball player of the past 30-plus years…and likely one of the top five players of all-time.
At their most critical point of the season, the Chicago Bulls are faced with some distractions.
Back in 1998, I was naïve. But here in 2011? Well, I’m not. At least that’s certainly true when it comes to the issue of athletes using performance enhancing drugs to give themselves an edge on the field.
According to a report by the New York Times, the NFL is considering using the World Anti-Doping Agency to test its players for performance-enhancing drugs.
After several days of deliberation, a jury found home run king Barry Bonds guilty of obstruction of justice but a jury failed to reach a verdict on three other counts that he lied to a grand jury in 2003.
Major League Baseball has so many things working to its advantage including a century old resilience to overcome every challenge placed before it.
According to the testimony of his former mistress, Barry Bonds blamed his 1999 elbow injury on steroid use.
Barry Bonds’ perjury trial began this week and a key witness said he saw a syringe in the hand of Bonds’ trainer, indicating Bonds had just taken performance enhancing drugs.
Barry Bonds claimed that he thought he was taking flax seed oil and arthritis cream when his personal trainer gave him steroids, a claim that a federal prosecutor says is “ridiculous and unbelievable.”
A federal judge ruled on Thursday that the jury in Barry Bonds’ perjury trial won’t hear the angry voicemails he left his mistress during their rocky nine-year relationship.
Chicago Cubs center fielder Marlon Byrd is defending his relationship with Victor Conte, whose Bay Area Lab Co-operative triggered a federal investigation of steroids use and distribution to athletes.
Barry Bonds is trying to clear his name. He ended his career as baseball’s all-time home run leader, but a perjury trial and steroid accusations have tarnished his image.
With the economy still suffering, Texas is considering eliminating their steroid testing program to save money. Florida had already cut their program. Is this a new trend that could spread to Illinois?
Members of the Baseball Writers Association of America are making their point loud and clear to all the former players who played during the “Steroid Era.”
Jay Cutler is making headlines by cavorting around the country with reality-TV “personality” Kristin Cavallari, living the life of a rich, single NFL QB. Nothing wrong with bimbo-wrangling, as long as it doesn’t affect your […]
NEW YORK — The New York Times reported on its website Thursday that federal authorities have decided to indict Roger Clemens on charges of making false statements to Congress about his use of performance-enhancing drugs.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.403
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!