The Blackhawks have recalled forward Jimmy Hayes from Rockford and assigned defenseman Steve Montador to the Icehogs.
Steve Montador has been activated for the first time this season, but will not play tonight against the Colorado Avalanche.
Travis Zajac and Patrik Elias scored in a shootout and Martin Brodeur made 37 saves and stopped four of five shooters to give the New Jersey Devils a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews, defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson and defenseman Steve Montador did not travel with the team to Los Angeles Friday.
The Blackhawks placed defenseman Steve Montador on injured reserve Friday and recalled Dylan Olsen from Rockford.
When Jared Boll left his feet to deliver a check on Andrew Brunette last night, Montador answered what was a borderline illegal hit as almost any NHL teammate worth his salt would have — he dropped the gloves.
With Daniel Carcillo’s future up in the air with his injury and impending suspension, and now Steve Montador and Marcus Kruger being placed on IR, the Blackhawks have recalled defenseman Dylan Olsen and forward Andrew Shaw.
The Blackhawks announced Wednesday they have recalled defenseman Dylan Olsen from Rockford and placed forward Marcus Kruger and defenseman Steve Montador on injured reserve.
Antti Niemi made 34 saves against his former team for his first shutout of the season and Jason Demers broke a scoreless tie late in the second period with his first goal to lead the San Jose Sharks to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night.
The Edmonton Oilers didn’t just break their four-game losing streak, they smashed it to pieces. Taylor Hall had a hat trick, Jordan Eberle had a goal and three assists, and rookie Ryan Nugent-Hopkins set up five goals for the Oilers, who ended their skid in a big way with a 9-2 rout of the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday night.
Andrew Brunette and Patrick Kane scored power-play goals midway through the second period, and the Chicago Blackhawks rallied from an early deficit to win their fourth straight game, 5-1 over the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night.
During the Blackhawks 6-3 win over the Oilers Monday night, I found myself impressed by the play of Blackhawks defensemen. Whether Steve Montador was stepping up into the play and putting moves on display that […]
Jonathan Toews and Steve Montador each scored twice to help the Blackhawks beat the Edmonton Oilers 6-3 on Sunday night for their third straight victory.
In only its fourth year of existence, the Chicago Blackhawks Convention has turned into a hot ticket. On Tuesday, the organization announced the scheduled appearances by current and former players to the sold out event this weekend.
One thing has become obvious among NHL players the last few years: Chicago has become one of the most desirable places to play.
One day after his negotiating rights were traded to Chicago, defenseman Steve Montador signed a four-year deal with the Blackhawks worth $11 million.
On Wednesday, the Chicago Blackhawks sent a seventh round pick to the Buffalo Sabres for the negotiating rights to defenseman Steve Montador.
The Blackhawks have acquired the negotiating rights to defenseman Steve Montador from Buffalo in exchange for a seventh round draft pick.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!