No team would benefit more from signing Wes Welker than the Chicago Bears.
The penalties for blindside head shots have to be much stronger. Players are going to continue to try to injure each other until the cost is prohibitive.
Much of realignment has been discussed with an eye towards saving teams money when it comes to travel. That’s understandable, but it’s not really forward thinking.
Geno Smith of West Virginia is the top-ranked quarterback in this year’s class, but the 2013 Draft is nothing like the 2012 class.
The Blackhawks know that the shortened NHL season will not be stopped and Lord Stanley’s hardware will not be awarded by keeping the “L” column clean against the Canucks.
The 2012-13 college basketball season has been even better than most for the Big Ten. This is the year that the Big Ten is talented, powerful and deep.
Patrick Kane has been an easy player to criticize throughout his career with the Chicago Blackhawks.
Jim Harbaugh has the kind of thoughtful and caring attitude that new Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman would be wise to take note of and apply to his own coaching.
Kaepernick is a superb weapon who has the athleticism to do things that Flacco can’t. The 49ers also have the speed and the attack mentality on defense that the Ravens once did.
It’s Ray’s last ride but as he gets set to dance his Baltimore teammates into the Superdome, 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh and quarterback Colin Kaepernick would be well-advised to focus much of their attention on Baltimore’s Ed Reed.
A great teacher will pay dividends and so will a coach who understands strategy and how to use his timeouts.
The Blackhawks are going to be excellent entertainment most nights for fans who will forget their lockout-induced anger at hockey.
The Wild-Card weekend represented some of the worst playoff football seen in many years.
The firing season will soon be at hand.
It’s hard not to marvel at Calvin “Megatron” Johnson of the Detroit Lions.
The Arizona Cardinals were dancing last Sunday after their 38-10 win over the Detroit Lions.
The Bears’ best chance of getting the help they need most likely rests in the hands of the Baltimore Ravens, who host the New York Giants Sunday.
Peyton Manning’s performance has placed him right in the middle of the conversation for NFL Most Valuable Player Award honors.
Juan Manuel Marquez was ready for his opportunity.
While the rookie quarterbacks have gotten the bulk of the attention, this season has seen a number of outstanding performances from rookies who are not quarterbacks.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!