The device is called the BikeSpike, and it’s designed to make it easier to find a bicycle when it’s stolen, by showing its location on a map on your computer or smart phone.
The eight Chicago school buses brazenly stolen last week for scrapping may not be an isolated case. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Eight school buses stolen from a South Side lot overnight were driven to a salvage yard and shredded into scrap, police said.
The robbery happened about 7:30 p.m., as the off-duty officer sat in his own car near 91st and King Drive, police said.
Aurora Police detectives are trying to crack a puzzling case. Call it the “mystery of the missing 27 thousand dollar diamond.” CBS2’s Mike Parker is also checking it out.
Four Chicago Bulls championship rings were stolen from a Bronzeville home last week, according to an alert issued by police on Saturday.
Police followed two would-be tree grate thieves to a recycling center on the West Side, where they found hundreds of city-owned tree and sewer grates, worth thousands of dollars.
Several “high-end” bicycles, worth thousands of dollars, were stolen from a Lincoln Park area store Tuesday night.
A public library in Robbins and a school in nearby Blue Island have been hit by air-conditioner thieves.
Police say the theft of two bronze statues from the courtyard at the Waukegan Public Library has been solved, but the statues are gone.
Chicago Police say some bold thieves made their own cash dash Monday morning downtown.
Gary, Ind., police are trying to find a Congressional medal that was stolen from a Tuskegee Airman’s home.
Chicago’s Carbon Tigers say they’ll never stop making music, but some one’s trying to make it tough for them.
Thieves have been hitting stores on the South Side and swiping flat-screen televisions, but police may now have a key clue.
Police in Lincolnwood are investigating the theft of a memorial statue that was stolen from outside an elementary school.
A “Baby Jesus” figure is back with its Nativity scene, after being stolen eight years ago.
Willie Gault’s 1985 Super Bowl ring is back in the hands of the retired Bears and Raiders wide receiver.
A joyride in a stolen Lexus ended in a crash in River North that left a 14-year-old girl in critical condition, and a man and another teenage girl behind bars.
One teen is in jail and police are seeking a second after they allegedly rummaged through the pockets of someone they knew at gunpoint, getting away with just two lottery tickets.
What happens to smart phones that are ripped from the hands of robbery victims? 2 Investigator Dave Savini talks with authorities about the pipeline of stolen merchandise.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.239
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!