The storms on Sunday produced only dark skies and rumbles of thunder with no rain at all in some areas, but other areas were hit with powerful winds that have left a trail of extensive damage, and power outages that cold last for days.
Powerful storms caused flooding, and lightning strikes caused damage across Chicago, including a house fire in Robbins.
Strong storms bringing heavy rainfall to the Chicago area Sunday night could cause flash flooding, according to the National Weather Service.
A round of heavy spring storms caused serious damage in some areas overnight, including the collapse of a façade at a church in downtown Evanston that left a person injured
On Tuesday morning, you might have felt as if you would blow away, as high and chilly winds gusted through the city for a second day. But as the afternoon goes on, temperatures will climb to the mid- to upper 60s.
The National Weather Service has issued a dense fog warning for Lake and Cook Counties Friday evening.
ComEd said Wednesday that it should not be held liable for some damages that resulted from power outages in this summer’s storms. But some customers said that’s not fair and they should be compensated for all the damage and waste when the lights and power went out.
Multiple rounds of storms are set to push through the Chicago area Tuesday and Wednesday, as the temperature climbs to 90 degrees.
Meteorologists believe the deadly storm at the Indiana State Fair may have been caused by a “gustnado.”
The heat may seem on the oppressive side on Tuesday, but not to worry – there will soon be a break.
If you’re sick and tired of the heat and storms, you won’t be too thrilled with the weather for the beginning of this work week.
Yet another deluge swamped the Chicago area overnight, producing so much flooding that Lake Shore Drive had to be shut down.
The storms Wednesday night and Thursday morning couldn’t have come at a worse time for residents of the northern suburbs.
The city of Chicago officially has set a new record for rainfall in the month of July, as a new round of storms brought lightning that set homes on fire, and a serious threat of flooding continues.
A storm swept into the Chicago area Wednesday morning, prompting a flash flood warning for some areas as they were hit with more than 4 inches of rain.
Many homeowners in the Chicago area lost tens of thousands of dollars after this weekend’s record-breaking storms. For many homeowners, using a shop vacuum and fan just isn’t enough to clean up their flooded basements.
Going into the weekend, this was the third driest July on record, dominated by a week of sunny, sweltering days where the temperature exceeded 100 degrees in some areas.
Over the weekend, some Chicago area residents were merely kept awake by a severe round of storms.
A brief round of thunderstorms in the wee hours Wednesday knocked out power to thousands of customers in Libertyville.
As if the storm a week ago hadn’t been bad enough in itself, hard-hit Lake County is now bracing for the damage that unscrupulous contractors could do when they charge an arm and a leg to clear away the debris.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.379
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!