A man who apparently got out of the hospital after firefighters had coaxed him down from a pole he’d climbed onto Saturday morning in the Streeterville neighborhood was at it again Sunday morning, at a different location on the Near North Side.
The Streeterville Organization of Active Residents (SOAR) identified the victim as Bruce Florine, a Michigan native and PGA Tour consultant who resided in the Chicago high-rise neighborhood.
A car crashed into a popular breakfast spot in the Streeterville neighborhood overnight, following a quarrel between two drivers.
The commute home last night on Lake Shore Drive was a little rough for some ducks.
The cab driver who crashed into a pedestrian and a building in Streeterville Monday had dozens of prior traffic tickets and was involved in another accident that left someone injured, records show.
One person was killed, and two others were injured, when a cab struck a building in the Streeterville neighborhood this morning.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy on Tuesday downplayed the significance of mob attacks in the downtown area, and said police are “on top of” the situation.
New Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says officers are going to “clamp down very hard” against the perpetrators of mob violence near downtown.
Have news reports about mobs of teenagers rampaging along the Gold Coast and Streeterville eclipsed stories about ongoing gang violence in poorer neighborhoods?
UPDATED: 6/8/2011 11:29 p.m. CHICAGO (CBS) — The rash of mob attacks in the Streeterville neighborhood has tourism officials admitting the negative publicity could be bad for business during the busy summer season. With the […]
The City Council has approved Garry McCarthy as the new police superintendent, and he already has a heater case on his desk.
While he is pleased with the quick arrest of suspects in a series of mob attacks over the weekend, Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Tuesday made no secret that he wants everybody involved “brought to justice.”
Krzysztof “Kris” Wilkowski was among the people attacked over the weekend by a mob of young people. He tells his story to CBS 2′s Jim Williams.
Monday is 6.06.11 day, and neighbors and visitors are everything in one of the city’s most prestigious ZIP codes.
At least five teens have been charged in a string of mob-style attacks in the bustling Streeterville neighborhood over the weekend.
Three people were arrested for mob action and police continue to investigate after a man was attacked by a group of young men on Northwestern University’s Streeterville campus Saturday night.
The Illinois Secretary of State asks federal officials to check the backgrounds of all commercial drivers license applicants, in the wake of this week’s fatal bus-pedestrian accident in Streeterville.
A Criminal Court judge has denied bail to a man accused of sex crimes against two children, and is accused of accused of running down a woman Tuesday night at a busy Streeterville intersection.
Charges are pending against the driver of a private coach bus, which struck and killed a woman in the Streeterville neighborhood Tuesday night.
A private bus fatally struck a pedestrian Tuesday night in the Streeterville neighborhood, police said.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!