Oak Park village employees were set to return to work Tuesday, after a three-day strike.
This is the first weekday of a strike by employees of the Village of Oak Park.
Despite the call for a strike during Monday’s morning rush, many cab drivers were still picking up fares.
It may be a little harder to hail a cab in the very near future, as Chicago’s taxi drivers are threatening to walk off the job.
Chicago Public Schools chief executive officer Jean-Claude Brizard says he wants teachers to have a raise, and is asking the Chicago Teachers Union to hold off on its strike authorization vote set for this coming Wednesday.
The Chicago Teachers Union says it will conduct a strike authorization vote next week.
Hundreds of employees at the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center have begun a three-day strike, demanding a contract after unionizing more than two years ago.
Union workers have walked off the job at the Caterpillar plant in Joliet, after rejecting the company’s latest contract offer.
Talks have broken down between Chicago Public Schools and the Chicago Teachers Union, and the possibility of a teacher strike is beginning to loom.
Thousands of Chicago janitors have reached a tentative deal that would avert a strike next week at private buildings and public schools.
The Chicago Teacher’s Union said Thursday that contract talks with the Emanuel administration are “cordial,” but the union is also planning for the possibility of a strike.
On the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination in Memphis, union workers in Chicago are calling for a fair contract for janitors as they threaten to strike next week.
The clock is ticking for janitors, who are ready to walk off the job next week if they don’t reach a new deal with building owners.
A north suburban school district is facing a possible teacher strike.
Students in the Zion-Benton Township High School District will be out of school for another day Monday.
Teachers in Zion-Benton Township High School District 126 in Lake County say they are going ahead with a strike.
The nurses’ union at the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center has rejected the hospital’s last and final contract offer, and has voted to authorize a strike.
The weeklong strike by faculty at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale is over.
Workers at the Torrence Avenue Ford Assembly Plant on the city’s Far Southeast Side have voted overwhelmingly to reject a new contract with the automaker.
Workers at Chicago Hyatt hotels are walking the picket lines Wednesday, for their final day of a weeklong strike.
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!