Service was halted for nearly an hour Friday morning on a section of the CTA Blue Line, after a body was found under a grate in the subway.
Red Line trains were rerouted Monday afternoon because of a small rubbish fire in a Loop subway, but normal service resumed prior to the evening rush.
A man charged in connection with 16 armed robberies since last month allegedly was trying to get himself killed by police, because he was distraught over a breakup with his girlfriend.
After holding up a Subway shop on the Near North Side, a robbery suspect fled the scene, and police chased him to Wicker Park, where he allegedly attempted to run over a police officer, prompting the officer to shoot him.
Police are searching for a man who robbed a Subway sandwich shop in the Loop on Monday morning.
Police Sunday morning were scouring the western end of the Lincoln Park neighborhood looking for a man who robbed a sandwich shop at gunpoint.
The lawsuit – which seeks class-action status – includes photos of a Footlong sub that measures less than 11 inches long.
Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found on a set of subway tracks along the Blue Line near the LaSalle Street station overnight.
Chicago police said Anthony White, 36, was arrested Thursday after an informant told authorities he was the armed robber responsible for the death of Lynn Ward, 54.
An arrest has been made in connection with a mob attack last month on a CTA Red Line train downtown.
Robbers on the CTA Red Line subway sent four Guardian Angels to the hospital overnight.
He has a disability, so finding a job wasn’t so easy. But then he found a way to support his family that is bringing him joy every day. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Reports of the smell of smoke delayed Blue Line service Friday evening.
The Chicago Transit Authority to rerouted Red Line trains out of the subway Friday morning, after someone reported a passenger was carrying an explosive.
A small trash fire in the Red Line subway prompted first responders to evacuate the Roosevelt Road station, and shut off power to the trains.
It’s not unusual for the CTA to have to temporarily halt service on one of its trains because of an object or a person on the train tracks, but a live rooster? That’s what happened early Monday morning in the Logan Square neighborhood.
A person was hit by a train Tuesday, and ended up pinned underneath, in the Red Line subway near the Clark and Division stop.
Red Line CTA trains were severely disrupted Thursday morning after a derailment and small fire in the Red Line near the Roosevelt stop.
Power was shut off to part of the CTA Blue Line Sunday morning as fire personnel investigate reports of smoke in a subway in the River West neighborhood.
The CTA Red Line subway station at Grand Avenue and State Street is the latest to undergo a top-to-bottom renovation.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5875
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!