Don’t get used to the sunny skies and pleasant temperatures that were dominating the Chicago area in the midday hours.
The clouds hanging over the lakefront will give way to sunshine Friday afternoon, making for a comfortable end to the day with seasonable temperatures.
CHICAGO (CBS) — The clouds that dominated the skies of Chicago Wednesday morning will give way to sunshine as the day goes on, as temperatures remain seasonal and comfortable. CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says […]
The clouds that dominated the area Tuesday morning will break in the afternoon, while highs reach a comfortable 76 degrees.
The sticky, icky humidity that made your skin crawl on Wednesday is gone now, and the rest of Thursday will be an all-around beautiful day.
In a 180-degree contrast from Monday, conditions will be bright and beautiful for the rest of the day Tuesday, with sunshine and comfortable temperatures.
Looking back on the beautiful, sunny skies on Saturday as Chicagoans enjoyed the Bud Billiken Parade and the North Halsted Street Market Days, this may seem like the worst kind of Monday. But look for sunshine again on Tuesday.
A picture-perfect day is expected for the rest of the afternoon, with full sunshine, low humidity and comfortable highs in the 80s.
Season-appropriate temperatures in the low 50s will prevail Thursday, but the sun will remain out all day.
This is the first day of meteorological spring, but the spring-like temperatures that predominated in the Chicago area 24 hours ago are history.
After a long stretch of cold, dreary and sometimes snowy days, it’s time to get outside and enjoy sunny and balmy conditions.
Conditions will remain seasonably chilly Wednesday, but cloudy skies will give way to sunshine as the afternoon goes on.
Conditions will be comfortable and largely sunny for the rest of the day – and the work week – until snow and sub-freezing temperatures return just in time for the weekend.
Conditions more befitting of late October than late December will continue for the rest of the day Thursday, with sunshine and temperatures rising to the mid-40s. But roads could be treacherous again Friday morning.
A new study says sunny summer’s days are perfect for pitchers, but a little cloud cover works better if you’re a hitter.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!