A toddler has a new chance at life, thanks to groundbreaking surgery, performed a few weeks ago at an Illinois hospital.
As CBS 2′s Mary Kay Kleist reports, the newest generation of laser therapy can take years off your face.
Derrick Rose’s highly anticipated return to the Chicago Bulls could happen sooner than expected, the Sun-Times is reporting.
Ever have that awful feeling that the room is spinning and it makes you sick? Doctors estimate that vertigo affects about 20 million people and the numbers seem to be on the rise.
Illinois State Rep. Deborah Mell (D-Chicago) has undergone surgery to for breast cancer and is now recovering, according to published reports Tuesday.
(CBS) – Brian Urlacher, who had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Tuesday, may have quietly undergone multiple procedures in the offseason, according to a media report. CSNChicago.com, citing unnamed sources, says Urlacher underwent two […]
It’s not just bacteria that cooks should worry about. CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez reports on a potential hazard that you may use before grilling.
Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose has undergone surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.
The attorney for the man who was mistakenly injected with a green dye normally used for clothing during a procedure at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in 2010 called the event “a fiasco” and could not understand how no one in the operating room at the time thought to question what Elijah Goodwin was being given.
Blackhawks forward Ben Smith will miss the rest of the season after suffering a hernia and a cartilage tear in his hip.
Doctors on Tuesday reattached a portion of Sen. Mark Kirk’s skull, which had been removed to help relieve pressure on his brain after he suffered a stroke.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) suffered a stroke over the weekend and has undergone surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
Almost one in five Americans deal with hearing loss and many use hearing aids, but those can be uncomfortable, inconvenient and unreliable. Now there’s a new option.
Most of us could go right back to work if we broke our thumbs, but not so with Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.
A radio station in Indianapolis is reporting a rumor that Colts’ quarterback Peyton Manning had a third surgery this week and is out for the season.
Your aching back, knee-problems and chronic hip pain may trace back to when you were a kid.
Stewart Gibbs of the West Loop apparently thought he was smart enough to perform surgery on his dog without training – and while apparently drunk – but he ended up getting arrested on an animal cruelty charge.
On Tuesday, Chicago Blackhawks forward Troy Brouwer underwent surgery to repair a right shoulder labral tear, the team announced on Thursday.
Jake Peavy is returning to the starting lineup for the White Sox Wednesday, 10 months after undergoing surgery on his right shoulder.
Chicago’s First Lady Maggie Daley is back home after a 10-day stay in the hospital that included surgery.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!